Wisper Alpino ....hill beater

dmcgoldrick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2010
well after the terrible weather in scotland for the past 14 weeks, 'she' got a short runout (12km) around the wee town where i live.
front wheel hub motor,six levels of assist, alfine 8 speed gears (brilliant !!), front suspension, suspension seat. 26 inch wheels...went for these so my feet would touch the floor whilst sitting (i am only just 5ft 6inch) taller rider could select the 28 inch wheel option.

this machine is much easier to ride without power assist than i expected (previously had the city se model). this must be due to the gearing and possibly also due to a motor with less drag ?
runs very freely and has excellent hill climbing in low gears.
was freewheeling down some hills at touching 40km/hr, started applying brakes at that speed.......thats plenty quick enough on a bike for me......

the difference in riding this compared with 'se' is staggering.
comfort level is very high.....takes a lot of the bone shaking out of the bumpy road surfaces.

battery still showing 4 lights on battery (ie full) after this short journey which took 35 mins .very easy to travel at 30-33 km/hr on the flat when the assist has cut out......... (at around 25 km/hr).

in gleaming white it turned a lot of heads...not sure if pedestrians could hear the motor...its only mildly noise making when pulling up hill.....

all in all a very good start .

706 Wisper Alpino (as yet she is unnamed !)

regards

Streethawk

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 12, 2011
I'm going to go for a ride with my dad tomorrow (weather permitting), see if i can talk him into taking on Holcombe Hill on his 905. I think it will cope, its so close to the Aurora in power terms anyway.

dmcgoldrick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2010
I'm going to go for a ride with my dad tomorrow (weather permitting), see if i can talk him into taking on Holcombe Hill on his 905. I think it will cope, its so close to the Aurora in power terms anyway.
weather here brilliant this morning so its off to the golf course for me.
will there be more video with the new super camcorder from your ride out today...... ??

regards

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Thanks David, for such a magnificent report!

I am so pleased you are at last enjoying your 906! As you point out the Alpino is very different to the se bikes and yes the Japanese Dapu motor has very much less rolling resistance in fact hardly any at all.

Looking forward to seeing the photos!

Hope the gold goes well.

All the best

David

Streethawk

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 12, 2011
weather here brilliant this morning so its off to the golf course for me.
will there be more video with the new super camcorder from your ride out today...... ??

regards
Well it's just stopped raining, so *maybe*, i'll give it half an hour or so. I do enough riding in the rain on the way to work!