Wisper battery charging

Stapley13

Pedelecer
Jul 21, 2017
Whitfield
When I charge my 575 battery a red light shows on the charger. After about 8 hours the red light goes green.
That seems normal but, one of the green lights is still flashing on the battery.
Is that normal? I would expect it to go solid green when fully charged.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
You will need to speak to David Miall, David often keeps an eye on Wisper issues and personally responds to Q's.

I can only assume if the battery /charger are still plugged in and connected that the flashing Green might be an indication of balancing occurring.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wisper Bikes

al.b

Pedelecer
Feb 14, 2018
lancashire
When I charge my 575 battery a red light shows on the charger. After about 8 hours the red light goes green.
That seems normal but, one of the green lights is still flashing on the battery.
taken from the actual manual

Before charging, make sure the charger is turned off and connect your battery to the charger

at the charging socket. Plug the charger into a mains socket and turn on the mains socket.

A red lamp will light up on the charger indicate the battery is charging. When the red light

turns green, the battery is fully charged. To optimize battery life, leave the charger

connected for a further hour and then turn off the charger and disconnect it from the

mains after charging. Always disconnect the charger from the mains before disconnecting

the charger from the battery. It is possible that the battery will take up to twelve hours to

charge on the first three charges.

I hope this helps

Reactions: Wisper Bikes

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Thanks Neath and Al.b

Hi Stapley13, I hope that's resolved the issues, if you need assistance please email us support@wisperbikes.com

All the best, David

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Probably still balancing then, charging occurs at about 2 - 4a with chargers, the final balancing takes place at about 60ma the current drain used is miniscule.
When balancing the bms slowly drains the high cell groups and an then charges any low ones if necessary and carry out the process until full balance voltage is acquired.
Sometimes it can take hours or days.