Wisper rear rack - securing bolts?

Alex728

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 16, 2008
Ipswich
Just about to ride home from the office when I noticed my rack was wobbling, and one of the bolts at the bottom (where it fixes to the bit just above the rear axle has worked loose and disappeared... (normally I tighten these every so often but must have overlooked it this time)

that bolt could be anywhere between Ipswich and Claydon in Mid Suffolk now :(

thankfully I managed to find a similar threaded and diameter (if shorter) screw attaching a reflector to one side of my pedals which I have used to get me and my panniers home (I would be particularly loath to leave the cans of Adnams bitter behind as I was planning to drink them tonight!) - but does anyone know what the correct length and dimensions are for these bolts and where to get them from? (Wisper seem to use some sort of special rust proof ones as well)...

Thanks

Alex

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
any decent LBS I would think......

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
They are standard and any bike shop will have some lying around. The length is important as if too long they can foul the gears, too short and you'll damage the thread in the frame.
Get some threadlock too, it's used in model racing and stops bolts vibrating loose. A small pot will go a long way.