Wisper Wisper Tailwind

sparky967

Pedelecer
May 13, 2023
Hi All,
Pedelec newbie here!!!! After much deliberation I have plumped for a Wisper Tailwind Comfort!!
I was initially going to go for the Orbea Vibe H10 and had almost purchased one before stumbling across the Wisper Tailwind.
I really liked the look of the Vibe, lightweight, stylish, good spec and driven by the ebikemotion x35 (which I could derestrict).
Why did I choose the tailwind? Well, a biggy for me was the removable battery. The bike is being stored in my garage and I wanted to ensure the battery was stored in the optimum conditions and secondly, I really like the look, plus it has a decent spec'.
I bought the Tailwind purely for my 22 mile (round trip) commute, which is fairly flat and I am really enjoying the experience. I can't fault it, yes it is a tad heavy but a very stable and comfortable ride.
Well done Wisper !!!!

Attachments

Oldie

Pedelecer
Mar 29, 2013
Scotland
Nice looking trail bike. Looks absolutely solid. Slightly intrigued by the rear rack supports - what's the carrying capacity?

Reactions: sparky967

sparky967

Pedelecer
May 13, 2023
Nice looking trail bike. Looks absolutely solid. Slightly intrigued by the rear rack supports - what's the carrying capacity?
It really is a solid bike!
The rack has a max rating of 18kg, bearing in mind that the bike's overall capacity 130kg. I think that's right, will check and update tomorrow.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Sparky it's 18Kg as our own rear aluminium mudguard bears a lot of the weight, we felt it was a neater. They are also on the Wayfarer. They used to be 15Kg but after some tweaking we managed to test and get it up to 18Kg on later models.

All the best, David

Last edited:

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi All,
Pedelec newbie here!!!! After much deliberation I have plumped for a Wisper Tailwind Comfort!!
I was initially going to go for the Orbea Vibe H10 and had almost purchased one before stumbling across the Wisper Tailwind.
I really liked the look of the Vibe, lightweight, stylish, good spec and driven by the ebikemotion x35 (which I could derestrict).
Why did I choose the tailwind? Well, a biggy for me was the removable battery. The bike is being stored in my garage and I wanted to ensure the battery was stored in the optimum conditions and secondly, I really like the look, plus it has a decent spec'.
I bought the Tailwind purely for my 22 mile (round trip) commute, which is fairly flat and I am really enjoying the experience. I can't fault it, yes it is a tad heavy but a very stable and comfortable ride.
Well done Wisper !!!!
Thanks Sparky, for the great review. The motor is made my AKM who also make the x35 for Ebikemotion, they are not quite the same but very similar. The TW is a little heavier than closed frame battery bikes due to the removable battery case and the fact that the down tube thickness needs to quite substantial to maintain the stiffness of the frame when the slot is cut for the battery. The aluminium mudguards with cable management add a Kg and the battery is 360Wh as apposed to the Orbea's 250wh.

All in all we are delighted with the bike that is fast becoming our best seller.

Please keep in touch.

All the best, David

sparky967

Pedelecer
May 13, 2023
Thanks Sparky, for the great review. The motor is made my AKM who also make the x35 for Ebikemotion, they are not quite the same but very similar. The TW is a little heavier than closed frame battery bikes due to the removable battery case and the fact that the down tube thickness needs to quite substantial to maintain the stiffness of the frame when the slot is cut for the battery. The aluminium mudguards with cable management add a Kg and the battery is 360Wh as apposed to the Orbea's 250wh.

All in all we are delighted with the bike that is fast becoming our best seller.

Please keep in touch.

All the best, David
Hi David,
Many thanks for the info'!!
I totally get it regarding the reasons for the increased weight but to be honest, I don't find it a problem. I would rather have the convenience of a removeable battery.
You have been spot on with the styling as well, got a lot of people in work asking about it. Very happy with my purchase and no gripes whatsoever!!
All the best
Mark

Reactions: Wisper Bikes

simonbarnett

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 26, 2007
West Hampstead, NW London
Hi David,
Many thanks for the info'!!
I totally get it regarding the reasons for the increased weight but to be honest, I don't find it a problem. I would rather have the convenience of a removeable battery.
You have been spot on with the styling as well, got a lot of people in work asking about it. Very happy with my purchase and no gripes whatsoever!!
All the best
Mark
I think Orbeas are good but the inability to remove the battery (and small size) is very restrictive and may hinder them