Woosh 13AH downtube battery - ~12 cycles/260 miles

tpw

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 14, 2018
Recently bought an XF08c kit from Woosh bikes with a 13AH battery, but am starting to think I should have bought a larger capacity one. So I’m gauging interest in this before I commit to a new one.

I’ve had it about a month, used it for 260 miles, and it has approximately 12 full charge cycles on it. It will come with the charger, rack, fittings and both keys.

Price is £250, which is £70 off of the new price from Woosh, but I’m open to offers.

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
I'm looking to buy the front wheel kit version of this and it has the controller inside the battery rack. Might be worth just checking this isn't the case here too....

You can't sell the rack if so (well can buy lose your controller)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tpw

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 14, 2018
Oh yes, right you are - I'll ask Woosh whether a new controller could work with my hub motor, otherwise I'll have to swap the controller over to the new rack.

So the battery will still come with rack and charger, but the rack will not include a controller

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
Oh yes, right you are - I'll ask Woosh whether a new controller could work with my hub motor, otherwise I'll have to swap the controller over to the new rack.

So the battery will still come with rack and charger, but the rack will not include a controller
May I suggest a simpler approach? If you buy a standard cradle (without a controller) then you can sell your current battery battery . Then simply buy a new battery and keep the rail it comes with as a spare

Woosh may have one to sell you but you'd have to ask. If not the aliexpress must have them . I'll look

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
Or

And this might be your best option as second hand batteries tend not to sell too easily at the prices most sellers deem reasonable

Just buy another HL (aka hailong) battery and have two (one in a backpack or panniers for long journeys)

The more I think about it, the more I think you will lose a lot of money in a quest to upgrade from 13ah to, for example , 17ah by buying and selling

You may well be better off just buying another, cheaper 10ah battery for example . Giving a total of 23ah which for your low power kit ought to give a rather large range

• Agree
Reactions: anotherkiwi

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Reactions: D C

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Agree 100% with Kirsten, get a second 10.4 Ah hl battery. If you are handy with a soldering iron you could even wire them up in parallel which would give you range and more oompfff! in the hills.