Woosh Big Bear 1 year on

01423frankieboy

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 20, 2014
YO51
Hi all I thought I would give you an update on my experiences of ownership for the last 12 mths. I maybe tempting fate but here goes. I couldn't really get out of my village except by car, now that's a thing of the past. I have used mostly on sunny days just to keep it special cos it's still an amazing experience to me every time I get on it I smile. I've used it to go to work (13 miles each way) and it's been great. It powers uphills and I'm not dead at the top. I love it! would I ever go back to a normal bike? I seriously doubt it this is just so much fun. Not a tech review I will let others do that but buying an electric bike has been a revelation and I am now considering buying an electric folder just to put in the car for those lazy away days.

eBoy

Pedelecer
Jun 24, 2014
Thanks for that, Frankie! eBikes really are a revelation.I fancy a Big Bear myself - and a Woosh Gale too. I already have a little folder similar in shape and foldability to the Gale. Had it for almost four years, and it's so versatile. I take it camping in the car boot and it's been a treat. Was up in hilly Dent a few weeks ago and have been all round Anglesey with it, and the Norfolk Broads. It's good if you go to a strange city, because you can get it out of the car, unfold it in a minute then go and explore all the nooks and crannies of streets. I've even got a satnav on the handlebars. Think it would be good to take it on the Megabus to London (you have to put the bike in a bag) and do a tour of the capital. Great fun!

Keep pedalling! Long live the twist-grip throttle!

Johnny

Last edited:
Reactions: OldBob1

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I thought that Neil Armstrong had joined the forum for a minute there... :rolleyes:

Wind has been stopping me from riding this week, not rain but today I will buy a tube of silicone to prepare the bike for the coming months. I am thinking cling film for the LCD, I know it isn't pretty but getting to destination is more important than good looks.

01423frankieboy

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 20, 2014
YO51

jonathan75

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
Hertfordshire

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012