Woosh Gallego

timidtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 19, 2009
Cheshire
GambiaGOES.blogspot.com
The bike arrived, safely and very well packaged, shortly after ordering. There were ample instructions, even detailing how to take it out of the box. As I mentioned in an earlier post, the rear wheel was locked solid, just would not rotate, and I failed to receive advice from the supplier. However, after several local bike shops refused to touch it I did manage to find one who solved the problem in seconds.
Right: now both wheels go round we went for a ride. Twitchy progress, as might be expected from small wheels, took a little getting used to. I still haven't managed to fold the bike into its completely collapsed state and the on-line video demonstrates only a partial collapse ...
There is no security system on this bike: no key to lock the battery in place, nothing to stop an opportunist thief from riding away under power unless you remove the battery from the frame. Of course you can carry a substantial lock and chain around your shoulders, which brings us to another problem. Luggage carrying is problematic - I may have to use a back-pack which I dislike due to high CofG.
Lights, brakes and gears seem adequate. Sadly, the throttle does not give assistance from a standing start and only functions after a wobble of a couple of metres - dangerous in traffic. There may be a possible tweek?
There are three levels of assistance and the front wheel scrabbles for traction on gravel in all three.
So far I've managed to lift it, in a semi-folded state, into the back of the car, so it's not a complete failure.
When I was having a previous moan about the lack of a proper PDI (surely the failure of a wheel to rotate would have been noticed and rectified? Surely?) another contributor asked if I regretted not spending money on having my ancient Brompton motorised. I had to answer 'yes'. That answer still holds.
I live in hope that I will succumb to the charms of what is, to be honest, a very pretty little bike. Fingers crossed.
Me: 80 years, 12 stones, mildly unfit, about 600 miles per year.

Last edited:
Reactions: LeighPing

timidtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 19, 2009
Cheshire
GambiaGOES.blogspot.com
[
I live in hope that I will succumb to the charms of what is, to be honest, a very pretty little bike. Fingers crossed.
Me: 80 years, 12 stones, mildly unfit, about 600 miles per year.[/QUOTE]

Short up-date. The pinger on the bell has fallen off and the rear wheel no longer locks into position when the bike is unfolded.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
Tom, the latch on the Gallego is controlled by an M5 bolt. If you email a picture of the latch to support at woosh they'll help you to sort it.