Woosh Woosh Gran Camino - or other alternatives?

GromelR

Just Joined
Apr 25, 2022
I've been looking for an E-bike for my 10 mile (each way) commute to work. My route consists of mostly flat farm access roads, cycle lanes and a few faster roads. It's mostly flat with a few long gentle hills and motorway bridges.

I've been looking at E-bikes for a few weeks now and bounced between conversion kits for my current bike, Bafang kits, and various premade bikes. Halfords bikes are well priced, but seem mixed in reliability. Evans Cycles are crazy expensive.

I've landed on the Woosh Gran Camino as a good option. I've got cycle to work scheme, which I can use with Wooooosh bikes.

It's seems:
  • Well priced at £1450~
  • A decent motor - I'd prefer mid drive, but at this price rear hub remains a good option.
  • 17ah power should take me 60 miles hopefully.
  • Hydraulic disc brakes
  • Front suspension forks
  • Seems to straddle the line between a Hybrid and Mountain bike, which is ideal for my route.
  • Made in the UK
  • Seems to be tweakable and not too locked down, so future repairs, battery changes etc should be doable. I'm a bit fearful of a bike with completely proprietry components and batteries that will make it impossible to fix or replace batteries later in it's life.
  • It's a fairly smart looking bike without being overly flashy.

Is this a good option, or is there something else I should also be considering?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Woosh made in far east assembled in the UK, good value and great CS. One can't really go much wrong with Woosh.

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
If I did not already have three bikes I am happy with I would probably buy a Gran Camino. It looks ideal for what you have in mind.

• Agree
Reactions: sjpt

graywok

Pedelecer
Dec 24, 2019
PO11
I bought a Woosh RIO MTB in 2020 which I am so pleased with. A couple of range tests of 60 miles on the flat with still a bit of life left have confirmed that distance is possible. I have now bought my wife a step thru Santana recently and again , very pleased with it.
The gran camino looks like a great bike too with bags of power on tap with that 20ah controller and decent motor.
Very well recommended.

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
I'd like to see Woosh do a full suss. But not something with poor quality shocks. RS recon,RS deluxe as a minimum standard, deore brakes kind of set up.

Very popular these days the old sussers.