Woosh Karoo - heights

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
sorry bad memory, I did read it.
I have rigid fork on my Giant and previously had Rockshox on my Specialized, even the Rockshox wasn't fantastic, so I do share your view on this. I have recently put through upgrades on the forks on the woosh bikes to SR NEX 63mm in the autumn and SR XCR for the Zephyr B at the end of the year..

Reactions: RobF

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
sorry bad memory, I did read it.
I have rigid fork on my Giant and previously had Rockshox on my Specialized, even the Rockshox wasn't fantastic, so I do share your view on this. I have recently put through upgrades on the forks on the woosh bikes to SR NEX 63mm in the autumn and SR XCR for the Zephyr B at the end of the year..
There was a Rockshox Gold on my Cannondale MTB - I wasn't very impressed with that, so maybe I'm just a sus-fork grump.

I quite like the 'monoshock' style headset suspension which is enough to take out road buzz and take the sting out of potholes.

I've seen it on Giants and Cannondales, but can't recall it fitted to many other makes.

There may be patent/royalty complications for any other maker wanting to spec it.

Reactions: trex

craiggor

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 9, 2015
There was a Rockshox Gold on my Cannondale MTB - I wasn't very impressed with that, so maybe I'm just a sus-fork grump.

I quite like the 'monoshock' style headset suspension which is enough to take out road buzz and take the sting out of potholes.

I've seen it on Giants and Cannondales, but can't recall it fitted to many other makes.

There may be patent/royalty complications for any other maker wanting to spec it.
Monoshock headset suspension,brings back memories of having to perform a down hill slalom past my mate and his chopper that he had just parted company with on a fast down hill accent.My Moulton minx held the road well.

Reactions: IR772

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Koga certainly had a version, 'Feathershock', on their E special model several years ago and I found it really smoothed out the road roughness very nicely when I took one out on a fairly long test-ride.

I have a feeling that Sparta might have used it too but I can't remember for certain.

I played around with suspension settings for ages before finally locking out my fork and it has remained like that with only a couple of occasions where I flicked the switch to allow a little movement but even that is very close to the locked-out position. In all honesty, I find even cheap , adjustable suspension forks on hybrid bikes do the job of cushioning harsh road surfaces.

Even with solid forks, there is a noticeable difference between steel, aluminium and carbon in the degree to which they afford any cushioning effect. Indeed, even aluminium alone seems to differ between bikes. Cannondale seem to be better than some in that regard.

Tom

Reactions: trex

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
My bottom of the line suntours have improved my riding experience. But I only ride on the road, I think high end or not may only be of importance off road.

• Agree
Reactions: oldtom and trex

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
it's the usual law of diminishing return as you go upmarket. Most of Woosh customers are elderly, they need some form of suspension. I have been looking for a good sprung seat post for a long time and could not find one that works better than a cheap suspension fork. The Suntour NCX is good but a) it's heavy and b) it looks wrong on many bikes.