Woosh Woosh Rambletta

Daddio70

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 2, 2021
Is the Rambletta suitable for rainy weather, are the components waterproof. I am in need of a reliable all weather ebike that I can use for everyday commuting to and from work. Also how does it handle fairly steep hills.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Is the Rambletta suitable for rainy weather, are the components waterproof. I am in need of a reliable all weather ebike that I can use for everyday commuting to and from work. Also how does it handle fairly steep hills.
The Rambletta is good on all those accounts.
It's very well weather-proofed*, handle steep hills very well too.

*To IP54, splash proof but not immersion proof.
You can ride in heavy rain but not going through deep puddles, the water can follow the motor cable and get inside. Avoid also road salt or salty fog, it will corrode all aluminium parts.
The bike must be kept under shelter, in a well dry place.
If you have ridden through rain, wipe dry the bike as soon as possible.
Even water vapour will corrode the electrics over time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Daddio70

Daddio70

Oct 2, 2021
The Rambletta is good on all those accounts.
It's very well weather-proofed*, handle steep hills very well too.

*To IP54, splash proof but not immersion proof.
You can ride in heavy rain but not going through deep puddles, the water can follow the motor cable and get inside. Avoid also road salt or salty fog, it will corrode all aluminium parts.
The bike must be kept under shelter, in a well dry place.
If you have ridden through rain, wipe dry the bike as soon as possible.
Even water vapour will corrode the electrics over time.
Thankyou for your feedback, it looks like an Ideal bike for me. I was originally looking at getting a Fiido D4S but am worried about water damage as apparently they're not recommended for wet weather riding. Looks like it's better to pay a bit extra for the peace of mind. Also the Rambletta with the suspension would be more suited to me as well as the roads on my commute aren't exactly in the best condition.

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
Fiido D4S but am worried about water damage as apparently they're not recommended for wet weather riding.
Says who? Fiido say on their own website:

"FIIDO electric bicycles have excellent waterproof performance, however, please note that the wading height cannot be higher than the hub to prevent damage to the motor when passing through pooled water. Avoid washing the e-bike with a high-pressure water gun to avoid damage to the electronic components and wiring due to soaking."

The advice both Woosh and Fiido give is simply good practice that applies to all electric bikes. Fundamentally, they're both made of similar materials and subject to the same damage if not looked after.

The only reason for paying a bit extra IMHO would be that Woosh's Rambletta is a better bike overall: You previously had concerns about cost though, hence your leaning towards the D4S.

Daddio70

Oct 2, 2021
Says who? Fiido say on their own website:

"FIIDO electric bicycles have excellent waterproof performance, however, please note that the wading height cannot be higher than the hub to prevent damage to the motor when passing through pooled water. Avoid washing the e-bike with a high-pressure water gun to avoid damage to the electronic components and wiring due to soaking."

The advice both Woosh and Fiido give is simply good practice that applies to all electric bikes. Fundamentally, they're both made of similar materials and subject to the same damage if not looked after.

The only reason for paying a bit extra IMHO would be that Woosh's Rambletta is a better bike overall: You previously had concerns about cost though, hence your leaning towards the D4S.
Thankyou for your advice. I'm actually thinking of going a bit a higher on my budget so I can get a bike with UK after service.

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
AFAIK, there are at least 3 UK Fiido dealers offering service and repairs, including warranty work (although to be fair these all seem to be in London).

But yes, if you can stretch to it (£1000 vs £600), I'd say the Rambletta is the better e-bike overall, provided it meets all your needs.

Swordfishtrombone

Sep 7, 2021
AFAIK, there are at least 3 UK Fiido dealers offering service and repairs, including warranty work (although to be fair these all seem to be in London).

But yes, if you can stretch to it (£1000 vs £600), I'd say the Rambletta is the better e-bike overall, provided it meets all your needs.
I've just bought a secondhand Rambletta and it's terrific. Romps up the hills here in North London. No suspension but handles our rubbish roads with ease. Highly recommended. Terrible seat though!

Daddio70

Oct 2, 2021
I've just bought a secondhand Rambletta and it's terrific. Romps up the hills here in North London. No suspension but handles our rubbish roads with ease. Highly recommended. Terrible seat though!
Thankyou for letting me know. I might go for the model with the suspension.

overlander

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2009
We have used our rambletta in torrential rain on many occasions and through a harsh scottish winter with deep snow and sub zero temperatures. We have had absolutely zero issue with the weather conditions. We have the non suspension bike and find it ok, we even use it on some pretty rough trails near Strathyre on route 7 with no issues. Had we to buy again I would probably go for the suspension model but for normal road use and light trails the non suspension will be fine.