WOOSH Santana broken spokes

RoadieRoger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2010
A Relative has an 8 year old Santana still going strong but after riding around with one broken spoke for several years , a second has now gone and he is still riding around . He is wondering what sized spokes to purchase . Perhaps Mr Woosh could give the answer on here ? I think communications by Email failed because of Covid 19 . This might otherwise lead to the first Woosh Owner in history to be riding successfully with only half the required number of spokes in the rear wheel . A true Test Pilot !

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I know I have them in the workshop but can't remember the exact length.
223mm maybe. I'll let you know tomorrow.

Last edited:

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
A Relative has an 8 year old Santana still going strong but after riding around with one broken spoke for several years , a second has now gone and he is still riding around . He is wondering what sized spokes to purchase . Perhaps Mr Woosh could give the answer on here ? I think communications by Email failed because of Covid 19 . This might otherwise lead to the first Woosh Owner in history to be riding successfully with only half the required number of spokes in the rear wheel . A true Test Pilot !
Why don't you just order them from Woosh on line. I do and they arrive quite quickly, even during the lock down.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
it's 217mm. I put 3 of them on Hatti's desk this morning.

RoadieRoger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2010
Thank you for the prompt reply , I will pass the information on . I can see that Santana going on for another 8 years , and with the original battery which is ridden everywhere at full assist . Wooshing along is an understatement !

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
  • :D
Reactions: Woosh

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
very funny...

• :D
Reactions: Nealh

RoadieRoger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2010
The spokes have been purchased thanks and another 25 miles tonight around the small lanes and a slower descent on the fast hill into Cowbridge where we topped 30 mph last week .