Woosh Sirocco CDL Rattling

crE

Pedelecer
Aug 29, 2014
Hello all.

Been thoroughly enjoying my Sirocco CDL. Gear changes mastered and such a great way to get to work.

One thing (apart from my front brakes which I can't for the life of me align properly, going to take it into a bike shop) is that any kind of bump or crack in the road causes something on the rear of the bike to rattle. What is this? I'm thinking it's the mud guard or possibly the battery?

D

Deleted member 4366

Probably the battery. If it's loose enough to slide out, it'll rattle. You have to find a way to wedge it.

crE

Pedelecer
Aug 29, 2014
It is locked (with the key) I thought this would be sufficient.. do you wedge yours in place d8veh?

rustic

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 31, 2008
North Essex
My Alien battery would rattle sometimes despite being locked in position. A little manipulation of the cage with a pair of pliers soon put it right. Perhaps worth checking the mudguard also...

D

Deleted member 4366

It is locked (with the key) I thought this would be sufficient.. do you wedge yours in place d8veh?
I don't have that type myself anymore, but I've just done one for someone else. I stuck a wedge of dense foam rubber to the front of the rack and the back of the battery so that they wedged in the last couple of inches. If you don't need to take the battery out, you can wedge it tighter. Bending the rack works too.

crE

Pedelecer
Aug 29, 2014
I find myself taking it out to charge due to where the bike is stored. I'll have a look today and see if I can nail down what this rattle is.

rustic

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 31, 2008
North Essex
I had a rattle on my cd a while back, turned out i left keys in the battery . T:oops:
Could be the rattle from all that change you have in your pocket having bought a very reasonably priced electric bike.

Unlike some other's I could mention...;)

crE

Pedelecer
Aug 29, 2014
;)

I figured out it was mainly the front mud guard! It was loose. It still rattles on thr rear over big bumps. I need to figure that out

Reactions: john h

john h

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 22, 2012
murthly castle estate
Check the two bolts on the underside of the rear mud guard , i didnt it :(caused the guard to come down just as i pulled the brakes; and put me off the bike; best to use a bit of thread lock on them,.