Woosh - thumbs up?

maldrich999

Pedelecer
Jan 5, 2020
Woosh input in the forums is prolific and everything I have found is positive. For those following my search for a new bike I went into Cycle Republic today to be told the 10% discount voucher I have through work is not valid on sale bikes. I wouldn't mind but this is not what the terms & conditions say so feeling a bit miffed as that would have saved me £150 on the Crossfuse and brought it to a reasonable £1350. However this disappointment has led me back to looking at the Woosh bikes. The camino looks fun with the throttle as does the faro though I'd probably want the larger battery (be lovely to be able to add this just when you need it and use the smaller one the rest of the time). I will probably give them a call to chat through but meanwhile welcome any further feedback from purchasers good or bad. I am in Newark so any problems with the bike will be far more difficult than walking into my local Halfords but the bike looks excellent value for money. Also can anyone comment on delivery time? Finally, any experience of real world range for these 2 bikes please?

Thanks for everyone's continued help in my search.

Mark

Last edited:

Chainring

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
Well, I never really take much notice of bikes with crossbars, being an old fart who has trouble getting his leg over, but I looked at the Crossfuse, then at the Woosh Camino, and I know which I would prefer..... The Camino looks very smart, comes with a rack and mudguards, and is about £400 cheaper. Not sure about the battery capacity, but I bet a spare Woosh battery is cheaper than a Bosch one. I realise it's your choice, but the Crossfuse looks so drab and uninspiring. You have to like something by its appearance, whether a car, pair of shoes or a jacket, for example. Anyway, best of luck with your riding, Maldrich999. Once you have an electric bike, you'll find you always need to go SOMEWHERE!

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
the components for both Rambla and Rambletta will arrive at the end of this months but their batteries won't be here until third week of February. They will be on sale end of February.

The Rambla will cost £1,299 including delivery.

The Rambletta will cost £849

Reactions: MikelBikel

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Gosh - I did start hares running! So as the OP I probably should share that after a few days of very helpful input from the forum I have gone for a.... Carrera Crossfuse. I was really torn and Woosh look brilliant and love the design and the speed of replies etc but ultimately I had just heard too many times from the experienced the benefit of a Bosch motor etc. Time will tell whether I've made a good choice. Thanks all.
The Crossfuse I saw was a nice, cleanly designed bike not weighed down by loads of extra equipment.

Relatively narrow tyres which should mean it will bowl along nicely on road and cycle paths.

Not the most powerful motor, and not the lowest first gear, so it might need a lot of rider input to get up the steepest 20 percent plus gradients.

Few of those in most areas of the country, and they can usually be avoided if you have to.

I'm not familiar with your patch in Newark, but anything eastish in the UK is relatively flat, so all should be well.

flux

Pedelecer
Nov 28, 2016
scotland
Has anyone used the Woosh Zephyr off-road? Its a full suspension folder which would be great for moving around in a car.
My current 'full suspension' e-mtb is great on road, but take it off-road and its components rattle like a spanner in a washing machine. I've had to pack out the battery with foam tape.

Not looking for a downhill bike, but would like something i can blast along forest trails that isnt going to rattle and clang.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Has anyone used the Woosh Zephyr off-road?
forrestry tracks are OK but the folding frame of the zephyr is not strong enough for heavy duty off-roading.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
How is it for rattles if you are running on something like a rough gravel trail?
not that I noticed.
The RST Omega suspension fork is good, no noise.
No creaking, no chain slapping.