Worst Drivers

Mandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 23, 2007
Some Lorry drivers
They seem to forget there back end doesn't always follow the same route as their front end and I have nearly come a cropper a couple of times on some bends.
When I see/hear one behind me on the narrow bendy road that I travel too and from work on, I normally stop, pull right into the kerb and let them pass and then go on my merry way unsquished :)

dienamics

Banned
Aug 26, 2008
Some Lorry drivers
They seem to forget there back end doesn't always follow the same route as their front end and I have nearly come a cropper a couple of times on some bends.
When I see/hear one behind me on the narrow bendy road that I travel too and from work on, I normally stop, pull right into the kerb and let them pass and then go on my merry way unsquished :)
Solution. Sprit up to the rear, grab on and get a tow.

Haku

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2007
Gloucestershire
If you had to pass a cycling proficiency test before you could even apply for a driving licence I think it would help make the roads safer for cyclists.

I still have my Gloucestershire County Council cycling proficiency badge from the 80s :D

bogmonster

Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2008
Anybody wearing a hat and me. Got cought speeding the other day :(

First time in 17 years but lukily got away with a speed awareness course so no points.

BMW drivers are bad but old people are worse, many pass far too close. I have started using led flashers all the time and they help a lot even in daylight.

Mandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 23, 2007
I still have my Gloucestershire County Council cycling proficiency badge from the 80s :D
Oops, I failed mine back in the early 70's :eek:
I remember my mum and dad not being best pleased and I never went back for a re-take :D

carpetbagger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 20, 2007
blackburn
If you had to pass a cycling proficiency test before you could even apply for a driving licence I think it would help make the roads safer for cyclists.

I have my cycling proficiency certificate from the 70's........about 1972....can anybody beat that ?

Phil the drill

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 14, 2008
TR9
Agree with virtually all the above comments, but does no one have trouble with VW Golf's? They seem to feature prominently in my 'most feared' list when I'm on my bike! What about Volvo estates - especially the old, tank like ones.....I shudder to think about some of them!
Phil

halflife

Pedelecer
Jul 12, 2008
Most small to medium van drivers. Today I almost got pushed off the road by an AA van!:confused: thought they would know better. Perhaps it was alcoholics anonymous not the Automobile Association