Would you pay £30 to save 1kg?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
G370 on order, controller will be a KT22a sinewave 9 fet julet model with an lcd4. No throttle or brake sensors for a minimal bar look.
This is going in the front of a steel Cotic roadrat with an Alfine 8.

BazP

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 8, 2017
Sheffield
That's not a controller it is handle bar display and can be LED or LCD.
A controller is a pcb/etc in a small ali box or integrated into the motor or battery that regulates the current asked for.
In that case then, in answer to Whoosh’s question, I have no idea what type of controller is on the bike. The handlebar controller being the only one available to me.
I don’t think that the Decathlon Rockrider is an ultra cheap bike so the setup should be to a decent standard as most of their goods are. I would think that the average bloke knows absolutely nothing about ampage and voltage tweaking

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I have been hankering for one for ages but they discontinued them a 2 or 3 years ago. Recently picked up a frame and forks only Kirstin, so it will be a full ground up build.
The finished bike won't be a Cotic original build as I will use some parts from two mtb's bikes I will be tearing down.
Brakes will be HDB (Shimano) rather then rims as they used, handle bars will be swept On-one Mikes.
A new unsual branded Holllowtech crank set with new ring/s haven't yet decided whether to go 2 x. Have a little used Alfine 8 in a mtb so will probably give it a service with an ATF bath to make sur eit is ship shape and ready to go.
Batts will be lipo power, I still have two graphene 10's which I wired up together from 4 & 6s both have a bms fitted to aid discharge. They have been sitting about for over year or so and haven't lost any mv's what so ever, I used them recently to ensure all was well and they are.
Undecided yet whether to 26" and up to 2.25" or 700c and 37/42mm.
I currently have a pair of pale sky blue 700 rims that will give it an unusual stand out look so am tempted to go 700c.

BazP

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 8, 2017
Sheffield
is it this one?
Decathlon sells it for £799 which is a very good price.

Yes that was the handlebar controller but according to Nealh this this does not control initial set up of the motor.
I’m not trying to rubbish hub motors, I was just reporting my experience with a fairly new bike from a fairly good supplier. Perhaps the two bikes we had were not set up properly but would the average cyclist know this. My experience would not lead me into purchasing one.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Yes that was the handlebar controller but according to Nealh this this does not control initial set up of the motor.
I’m not trying to rubbish hub motors, I was just reporting my experience with a fairly new bike from a fairly good supplier. Perhaps the two bikes we had were not set up properly but would the average cyclist know this. My experience would not lead me into purchasing one.
nevertheless, it's a low spec bike that you hired. Decathlon sells it for £799. Their better bike is the ST-900 series, they sell it for £1599. It will match the Bosch Gen3.
https://www.decathlon.co.uk/e-st-900-electric-mountain-bike-grey-275-id_8487240.html

MikelBikel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
Ireland

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
My G370 arrived this afternoon, weighed it and exactly 1.6kg.
The Axle isn't like most hubs it is 9mm dia threaded with only the very inner shoulder having a 10mm x 12mm sizing before the thread starts.
The motor cable is LHS and exits the axle inboard of the D/O's.DSCF1060.JPG

Reactions: awol

Jimo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2018
Fakenham, Norfolk
Woosh, - I wish I was younger than 82 and without so many medical probs....
My bike is a Batribike Quartz that I’ve had for just over a year, re-celled by Jimmy just after I bought it - but I’ve not yet had a chance to ride it - but I want to ASAP.... I particularly like the Rambletta folder as it would better fit in our suv at times when we didn’t carry our two eFOLDi mobility scoots,
My biggest current problem is that any time I get down on my knees, or fall over, I simply can’t get up again without much assistance.

I like the way you Mr Woosh (Tony) go into so much detail on your bikes and your explanation on people’s problems seem never to be too much trouble - whatever their question. For this reason alone my personal choice of future purchase would be from your company - where/when this virus is over I want to visit and try out one fo your Rambletta’s In the flesh so to speak and get your first hand advice on its setup.
Reading your replies to people’s thoughts and problems interests me very much - and from which I’ve learnt more that I ever thought possible on the simple? subject of electric bikes....

Thank you so much.

Jim

Last edited: