x-byke torque arm

aseb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 12, 2009
Any recommendations for a torque arm for a front wheel drive x-byke after the existing aluminium one has decided to let the spindle spin in the dropouts? (Axle nut torques regularly checked). Fortunately no major damage due to checks- one sheared cable, and rounded (aluminium) drop outs.
Any recommendations for a stronger than kit-kat wrapper one? I've seen a few different types, even on ebay but would prefer one that is recommended, some look more thought has gone into the design, some look like 'that should do'. All aftermarket ones seem to avoid aluminium...........

aseb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 12, 2009
front forks

I've had a chance to look at the bike- struggling a bit because I've just had a week in hospital with severe pains- (surgery decision later this week).

Can anyone recommend some replacement front forks for the x-byke. Steel ones please. I'm not sure about suspension ones- it would be nice with the spondylosis/myalgia though but are the lower priced ones any good?

My budget is a bit limited at the moment but I'd like something that should last a bit longer than 2 years. I'll fit some steel torque arms too- probably one each side- to help avoid any issues in the future.

I've never taken forks off before- the handlebar is is slightly different to the quill type but I assume that it makes no difference to the forks. What exactly do I need to be specifying to make sure I get forks that fit and will take the hub motor? Fork clearance to ensure the motor fits, 28" wheel, are spindle lengths standard / adjustable, bearing diameters?

Thanks