Xiongda 2 speed hub owner

bigoilbob

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 15, 2019
On a mountain bike, with throtle, cadence PAS. Now looking for torque sensing PAS for it, without Cycle Analyst. Would like to set up with my laptop.

Also own a home built minibike with 48 volt, 15 amp BLDC brushless motor. has a jackshaft, and a Nuvinci 171 Developer's kit auto trans (3.6 range), Geared for 20 mph. Lots of fun, and St. Louis city cops leave me alone. Both machines can tow the Bob trailer my wife got me for Xmas, so it is my main summer St. Louis transport. Wife will be getting Biktrix Stunner step thru soon, so we will be mobil even with only our Colorado diesel for for a 4 wheeled vehicle.

Reactions: flecc

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
The Xiongda two-speed has special software in the controller to reverse the motor for the low gear, so no other controller can be used. The controller can only accept an input from a cadence PAS or throttle. You therefore need a device that converts a torque signal to a throttle signal, which means a Cycle Analyst or DIY with an Arduino. Neither solution is likely to give you what you hope for and will probably be worse than what you have.

bigoilbob

Mar 15, 2019
The Xiongda two-speed has special software in the controller to reverse the motor for the low gear, so no other controller can be used. The controller can only accept an input from a cadence PAS or throttle. You therefore need a device that converts a torque signal to a throttle signal, which means a Cycle Analyst or DIY with an Arduino. Neither solution is likely to give you what you hope for and will probably be worse than what you have.
Thanks for your frank, thoughtful reply. I think I'll make do with the substitution of a twist grip throttle for my thumb throttle, and more use of the eco and normal settings. That might produce a better mix of pedaling and powering at cruise speeds on level ground. If I pedal now, at my "power" setting, I get a combination of full power acceleration, power off when I quit pedaling, and then a repeat when I resume. Do appreciate it vfr400...

Last edited:

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
The different levels on the LCD should give you different power levels. They offered two different brands of controller that each had different software. The label would indicate LSW or KT somewhere. Do you know which you have?

bigoilbob

Mar 15, 2019
The different levels on the LCD should give you different power levels. They offered two different brands of controller that each had different software. The label would indicate LSW or KT somewhere. Do you know which you have?
The Lishui. I can change settings between eco, normal, and power. I wouldn't want to do it while moving, but it would take seconds, pulled over. Since I always stay within recharge range I have always luxuriated with "power". But when I rode with my wife and her non e bike the other day I could not easily pedal. I had to use part throttle most of the time to stay slowed down....

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Yes, that one's not as easy as the KT, unfortunately.

If you find that it's a pain, you could try contacting Xiongda about buying the KT one. Their customer service is very good and the cost of their spares is surprisingly low.