xiongda error codes

handbaked

Pedelecer
Feb 27, 2015
Does anyone have a list of what the error codes mean on the xiongda 2 speed motor? Just finished pouring my bike together after many months.

Super excited went to ride it. The motor kicked in for a second or 2 then error 6 comes up on the lcd and the engine cuts out.

Any ideas?

handbaked

Pedelecer
Feb 27, 2015
Bigstone c600 - found the codes for different bigstone and if the same is undervoltage. Hopefully me shorting the battery has not killed a cell :-(

D

Deleted member 4366

Measure the battery voltage, then you'll know!

D

Deleted member 4366

Is it giving the error code while the battery is at 49v?

49v is a strange voltage to test with. If I were getting a low voltage error code, the first thing I'd do is fully charge the battery, check its voltage and try it again. The voltage should be 54.6v. Anything over 54v is OK.

handbaked

Pedelecer
Feb 27, 2015
Well i recharged it and it worked (a treat!) Hadn't used the battery and want too long since i charged it as had it from new (but unused) for a few months. I guess the village had dropped from sitting around not sure. Anyhow got 20 miles out of it and was still going strong. Plan to do a full bike build post soon. Cheers

handbaked

Pedelecer
Feb 27, 2015
Ok so now i have an arror code 9 on my bigstone c600 lcd. From what i can See that means the lcd is receiving an error. Thats not much info!

Basically the bike turns on but the throttle does nothing and it flashes error code 9.

Any thoughts?

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
error 9 on the Bigstone is communication error, usually LCD, controller or cable fault. Typically, the 5V supply from the controller stop working. You need to have access to working replacement components to find out where the fault is. Unplug brake sensor, pedelec sensor and throttle just to eliminate them first.

Reactions: handbaked

handbaked

Pedelecer
Feb 27, 2015
error 9 on the Bigstone is communication error, usually LCD, controller or cable fault. Typically, the 5V supply from the controller stop working. You need to have access to working replacement components to find out where the fault is. Unplug brake sensor, pedelec sensor and throttle just to eliminate them first.
I only currently had a throttle connected out of those 3 things. I have already tried unplugging that.

How else can i work on eliminating possibilities. So annoying, i rebuilt my electric set up on a new frame. Quickly turned it on and tested the throttle for couple seconds and it was OK. Took it out on to the road turned it on and then this error code....

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
d8veh and Panda have the components.
Woosh in Southend only have a test XD bike, no spares.

handbaked

Pedelecer
Feb 27, 2015
d8veh and Panda have the components.
Woosh in Southend only have a test XD bike, no spares.
When you say the components do you mean spare lcd and controller? Do i need to be replacing those bits to work out whats wrong? Shame something has died so soon...

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
Yes. Ideally, you'd want to find a working bike with the same kit. Plug your LCD into the working bike, switch it on, if the same error shows up, your LCD needs replacing. If the error disappears, then your controller needs replacing. If the error is still there after replacing the controller, then the last component is the wiring.

handbaked

Pedelecer
Feb 27, 2015
Yes. Ideally, you'd want to find a working bike with the same kit. Plug your LCD into the working bike, switch it on, if the same error shows up, your LCD needs replacing. If the error disappears, then your controller needs replacing. If the error is still there after replacing the controller, then the last component is the wiring.
I think realistically and ultimately that means me buying a new lcd and controller and then having spares of whatever was not at fault :-(

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
that solution is a bit expensive. If you are not too far from Panda (Nottingham) or Woosh (Southend) or d8veh (Telford), it may be cheaper to take your bike to them. A 5 minute check may tell you all you need to know.

Reactions: handbaked

handbaked

Pedelecer
Feb 27, 2015
that solution is a bit expensive. If you are not too far from Panda (Nottingham) or Woosh (Southend) or d8veh (Telford), it may be cheaper to take your bike to them. A 5 minute check may tell you all you need to know.
Unfortunately i live in South east London so all a bit far away. I wish there was an easier way to work out what's wrong. The fact it has an error code system where on code can be a problem with 3 things is kind of annoying!

I'm waiting to hear from xiongda. I used to get replies within 18hrs but nothing yet. ..

Reactions: Teesebike