Yamaha 2002 PAS Bicycle Battery

jrp13

Just Joined
Mar 4, 2021
I bought my wife a yamaha PAS bicycle back in 2002 when we lived in S. Korea. This bike is the only way I can get her to go ride with me. The battery on this bike is now completely dead. I have looked on the internet to see if I can find a place sells a replacement battery with no luck. I even emailed batteries4pro.com (I live in Germany now) but no luck. The battery says "Li-ion 00 x49-02", 25.2V 7.6Ah, Typ. 8.1 Ah, and 90793-25081. Everything else written on the battery is just info about how to dispose of the battery etc. Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

Jason

P.S. I searched the forum and looked at the old threads but the links to sites with more detail were all dead.

Attachments

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If you have had the bike since 2002 you haven't taken enough care if the battery has failed then :p.

Does it use early Canbus or is it more generic with the comm's ?
There are 5 discharge ports are they all wired ?

Have you tried for help on pedelecforum.de ?

jrp13

Just Joined
Mar 4, 2021
If you have had the bike since 2002 you haven't taken enough care if the battery has failed then :p.

Does it use early Canbus or is it more generic with the comm's ?
There are 5 discharge ports are they all wired ?

Have you tried for help on pedelecforum.de ?
I haven't actually opened the battery up to take a look at it. Originally, I was hoping to buy a replacement, but it seems like that is not possible.
You're right about not taking good enough care of the bike.
I am out of the country right now, but I will try to open up the battery when I get back. Thank you so much for your response.

Jason

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I was only kidding you, 2002 and original battery is pretty fantastic, maybe you can look at the wiring from the battery receiver on the bike.
If CANbus type comm's are used then if the BMS is still alive you maybe able to get the battery re-celled if the re-celler can keep the BMS live whilst doing so.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

he custom builds packs and your best chance to get it going again and deal with the bms.