yamaha pw se

peushofer

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 4, 2021
Hello e bikers

I´ve ridden a haibike sduro hardseven 3.0 with a yamaha pw se system for a couple of years, with no problems. But only 2 months after the 2 year warranty expired, error 73 pops up, and the bike is dead. I tried everything according to diagnosis, and it seems to be the pc board. I´ve recieved a chinese third party KT controller and display. But before I try it out I would be overly happy if any in this forum would have tried something similar and would have any good advice to share. (Problems with battery etc) That would make my day. Thanks and take care out there - and thanks for letting me in.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Not something I have seen on here tried or spoken of.
A good place to ask might be pedelecforum .de which is a much bigger and technical then this forum, I was logged in yesterday and over 700 were online at the time.
The battery will likely need the BMS swapping out and the charger will likely need to be a generic china 2 wire model, possibly the charge connector made need replacing or another wired in. The charger and BMS I believe use Canbus type comm's so the BMS likely does as well.

Reactions: peushofer

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
A good place to ask might be pedelecforum .de which is a much bigger and technical then this forum, I was logged in yesterday and over 700 were online at the time.
The battery will likely need the BMS swapping out and the charger will likely need to be a generic china 2 wire model, possibly the charge connector made need replacing or another wired in. The charger and BMS I believe use Canbus type comm's so the BMS likely does as well.
could you remove the motor controller from inside the motor and use this instead?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

peushofer

Oct 4, 2021
thanks for your reply! I think I solved the problem with the battery - I sell the yamaha 500 w and buy a third party (e vison) battery. I would assume that it is not that sensitive? My other problem right now is the throttle. When I am not pedalling, the KT controller must tell the Yamaha pw se motor to stop. And start when pedalling. I ve found the throttle with the five wires from the throttle going into the small pc board in the motor (marked with red) and would in some way want to connect it with the three wires on the KT controller named´throttle´? Sorry for my helpless wording - I am no electric wizzard like som of you in here.

Attachments

peushofer

Oct 4, 2021
could you remove the motor controller from inside the motor and use this instead?

well how would I know? - sounds great though. :)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
ebike vision wont ship single batts to the uk i have tried to order one and they wont post it! but you could rip off the bms and just use one with no can bus if that is what Yamaha uses.

i dont think the kt controller will work very well but the vesc ones will work with those motors and sensors will just take a bit of work to find out whats what pin out wise.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If you read the Bosh/vesc thread on ES in that thread a guy successfully wired up a KT wit good results, the only issue he had was full current operation with a throttle.

peushofer

Oct 4, 2021
ebike vision wont ship single batts to the uk i have tried to order one and they wont post it! but you could rip off the bms and just use one with no can bus if that is what Yamaha uses.

i dont think the kt controller will work very well but the vesc ones will work with those motors and sensors will just take a bit of work to find out whats what pin out wise.
Thanks a bunch for your input, soundwave. Yes I recon the e vision battery is hard to get your hands on. I live in Denmark, so....
I am a little stuck with the KT controller and display right now, so I really hope to get the bike rolling with it. The lowest succes criteria would be that I could start and stop the motor with the pedalling and then regulate with the thumb switch.

peushofer

Oct 4, 2021
If you read the Bosh/vesc thread on ES in that thread a guy successfully wired up a KT wit good results, the only issue he had was full current operation with a throttle.
Good news, thanks Nealh. Will check the thread out.