Yet Another Ebike Theft

martin@onbike

Official Trade Member
Hi everyone...

More unfortunate news- Just had word from a customer of ours that purchased a Neo 29er in August that it was stolen today.

They took the bike minus the console/display, battery keys and charger...so not really any good to them.:mad:

If any Emotion dealers could please pass on any details to me or ask for a frame number and details etc if an enquiry comes up, my customer would be most grateful.

Thanks,
Mart

103Alex1

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2012
Stolen from home or whilst out & about ? Just interested ...

C

Cyclezee

Well spotted Clockwise.

We have 2 customers that have had bikes stolen in the last few weeks, but there has been little news so far.

If anyone spots an eZee bike or a bike with an eZee conversion with that is being offered for sale without a charger or keys, please let me know.

johnc461165

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2011
WN6
My thoughts are if all members would post their location and maybe photos of their bikes we could monitor sales on e bay etc in our areas.

Clockwise

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 28, 2013
Well spotted Clockwise.

We have 2 customers that have had bikes stolen in the last few weeks, but there has been little news so far.

If anyone spots an eZee bike or a bike with an eZee conversion with that is being offered for sale without a charger or keys, please let me know.
I just hope someone guts them like a fish, I mean they are arrested.

C

Cyclezee

My thoughts are if all members would post their location and maybe photos of their bikes we could monitor sales on e bay etc in our areas.
Hi John,

I am not quite sure if I have understood your suggestion and forgive me if I got it wrong.
There is already the facility for members to have their location and any other details they would like to be made know posted here http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/electric-bicycles/1573-where-do-you-live-v2-0-a.html.

Some members do post photos of their bikes, but to giveaway too much information may in fact lead to a theft.

Of course after the event then it would be a good idea.

What I would suggest is a database of stolen electric bikes that can be referred to at any time and updated in the event of recovery.

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
You should tell them to get some decent U-lock. Something like a kryptonyte faggetaboutit. I had my brompton locked like this for over a year on the street and it has always been in place:

SRS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 30, 2012
South Coast
You should tell them to get some decent U-lock. Something like a kryptonyte faggetaboutit. I had my brompton locked like this for over a year on the street and it has always been in place:
Well, not being rude but I'd not pinch that even if it were unlocked.
Masses of loose wires running into a bag, what's that all about?

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
yeah I also left it ugly on purpose to deter thieves.

But I recently decided to clean it up and still have no problem:

SRS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 30, 2012
South Coast
Looks somewhat better.

Will not stop thefts but I can't help thinking that the manufacturers of these bikes could quite cheaply build in a cost effective tracker during production.

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
problems with track is autonomy and GSM system. Current tracker need a SIM card in order to have them working properly. Not sure people would want to pay every month for mobile tracking service.

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
Hi everyone...

More unfortunate news- Just had word from a customer of ours that purchased a Neo 29er in August that it was stolen today.

They took the bike minus the console/display, battery keys and charger...so not really any good to them.:mad:

If any Emotion dealers could please pass on any details to me or ask for a frame number and details etc if an enquiry comes up, my customer would be most grateful.

Thanks,
Mart
Thanks for letting us know Martin and sorry to hear about the misfortune of your customer. I really feel this because I don't wont anyone of us to go through this situation. Sorry again.

MS.

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
Is that small box a battery pack for the lights?

At the end of the working day at least it carries you home. :D

MS.

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
no, the small box is a 12V adapter for the light. It uses my main battery (800wh) to power all leds :)

Streethawk

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 12, 2011
Agreed on the New York Lock Mini, that's the one i've used for the last five or so years, bolt cropper proof, bottle jack proof, you'd only get through it with an angle grinder. I also have a secondary lock for one wheel, frame and solid object, then a cable that does the other wheel and fastens to the NY lock.

The weight doesn't matter to my bike, so i lock it up like Fort Knox, and hopefully they're not willing to go through all the hassle and just pick an easier target.

SRS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 30, 2012
South Coast
problems with track is autonomy and GSM system. Current tracker need a SIM card in order to have them working properly. Not sure people would want to pay every month for mobile tracking service.
Could they not have a pay as you go sim? Activated only when parked up.