Yet another new member

Jackfrost88

Just Joined
Nov 1, 2014
Greetings all, yet another new member in the world of pedelecs albeit this time someone living in south wales. I recently had to sell my 2012 Honda vision 50 due to my employment status and faced with the prospect of a fairly heavy service (exhaust can badly corroded, rear pads worn significantly, tyres also pretty flaky) and also being faced with retaking my cbt followed by re insuring (total estimate closer to 500 quid) decided to sell it and get back in the saddle of a bicycle.

After looking all around the internet for something that would suit me (5ft9 rider), I finally decided to purchase a Woosh scorrico 2 which sadly was sold out by the time I managed to get enough money together to buy one. I ended up buying a Kudos Duke (which I love to bits) and for my first pedelec, I enjoy every moment I am riding it. Having read a review done by a forum member, I bought it knowing more of less what to expect when purchasing a standard out of the box e-bike. Being purchased on a Tuesday afternoon and turning up the following day around 1pm the following day, I was certainly impressed with the quick delivery, on to the next task and the following 5 hours of tinkering.

The manual for my Duke illustrated how to put all bar the front carrier and having to rely on what images I could find at the time (and thus getting the front supports on the right way, taking them off then trying the otherway several times until my stepfather helped me out). By the time everything had been attached, the battery was fully charged and time for a quick run locally and it didn't disappoint. At the present time, I am only doing about 5 miles on it every other day given the time of year and being unemployed at the present time.

Living in south wales I know most would suggest it would be best to buy a Woosh big bear given the gearing is more suitable for hill climbing and the countless pleased customers, but given I didn't have the budget to go any higher and Kudos having a sale on at the time clinched the deal for me with the timeless style. Despite living in the valleys, I don't have to contend with many hills here with the main commute being on a mixed cycle path on levelled ground with the steepest gradient being around 8%, the bike manages fine. I will admit the saddle is anything but comfy after riding it for more than half an hour at a time, a Brooks saddle of sorts will certainly be on the cards in the near future.