Yet another Pro Connect Fan

Lordylordy

Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2007
Wimbledon. London
Sorry - I know there are other posts like this - but felt I had to share my joy with my new Pro Connect!

First off though - thanks Flecc - you were so right!!

So, got her on Wednesday and did a half trip into work to try her out on Thursday. I didn't want to overdo it on the first day, particularly being a 47 year old smoker with high blood pressure who hasn't ridden a bike in a good 3 or 4 years.

It all just seemed too easy that first day, and my how the ****-takers at work gathered around to admire her.

Couldn't take her out on Friday or Saturday, but set off early this morning with my 11 year old son - who rides to school every day - on a supposed quick exploration trip around Wimbledon Common. HA!!! Before I knew it I was across Wimbledon and up into the middle of Richmomd Park, with poor old Charlie trailing somewhere in the distance behind me. He now thinks I'm some sort of super-hero!!

What a FANTASTIC experience. Sod waiting a couple of weeks before I try and do the full journey to work - I'm starting tomorrow.

And as for the horrible hill the minute I leave the house that has always put me off getting a bike - it was an absolute doddle, though mostly in 6th gear.

I've always been rather anti 'fitness' - going to a gym and all that - but I really felt a new lease of life this morning. Quite remarkable!!

Tim/Lloyd/Scott - do you pay commission? I could 'sell' these so easily to the unconverted!!!

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Cheers LordyLordy, always good to hear of someone so satisfied with these excellent bikes.

Won't be long before Charlie is bitterly complaining of the unfairness of the minimum 14 years age limit for e-bikes.:D

Ian Harwood

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 18, 2008
I am a 48 year-old non-smoker with high blood pressure but I do have a dodgy knee. Seems i'm well qualified for this forum!

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I am a 48 year-old non-smoker with high blood pressure but I do have a dodgy knee. Seems i'm well qualified for this forum!
Definitely Ian.

Our forum membership would make up a good busy practice for a GP. :D