Help! Yose Power 250w 36V kit throattle problem at 6km/h mode

Barx23

Just Joined
Feb 13, 2024
Hello all I got the conversion kit which is 250w 36v becasue of the legal reasons I want to use throattle with 6km/h limit but when I do with changing the advanced seetings bike can't lift off. The power of throattle reduced too much.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The 6km/h setting is not for riding on the bike , it is for a walk assist mode so will only deliver very low power and certainly not enough to propel a seated rider along unless the rider is very light and the terrain is very flat.

Reactions: Barx23

Barx23

Just Joined
Feb 13, 2024
Thank you for return is there anything I could do in settings to limit throattle

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
You need a new controller/display combo that has not been loaded with hobbled f/w topbikekit stock similar under the battery slide KT-controllers with full control over all parameters or if available still the yose-power 350w kit controller and display were sold as yose accessories.

Reactions: throwawaychap

throwawaychap

Pedelecer
Dec 19, 2023
Read @Cadence 's thread.

If you want to fully unlock your throttle on your 250w kit, you need to order a new controller from Yose (it comes unlocked, since it fits their 350w kit).

If you also want to increase your top speed setting, you again need to order a new display from Yose - that also comes unlocked.

(According to @Cadence, read the thread above for more info.)

Now, if you want your bike to remain fully legal, you should probably leave it as is. Although some people point out the throttles are legal up to 15.5mph as long as it only works when you're pedalling.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I haven't used the new Yose control system so don't know how thw settings are programmed and only ever had the original KT version which I posted about on the original Yose thread.
Some control systems allow a full operating throttle and then in addition the 6kmh walk assist via pushing the displays minus button. But as I mentioned any 6kmh walk assist is not powerful enough to use as a start off power on throttle.

With KT controllers one can set the throttle speed assist, so if only wanting 8 -10 mph one will get throttle start off power, also one can choose pedla first or twist and go option without pedal first.

• Informative
Reactions: throwawaychap