Yose power - front wheel kit

cherryboy

Just Joined
Feb 14, 2023
I'm considering buying one but see that the motor cable is 180cm. This could make it difficult to remove the front wheel. Has anyone had this problem and is it feasible to split the cable and have a plug and socket near the wheel. If so where can a suitable plug be bought

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
I have Yose front wheel hub motor. Not sure why 180cm long cable would make it difficult to remove wheel...
There is a connector close to motor, which you can unplug and remove wheel.

Maybe provide a link to kit you are considering to buy so we can advice you better.

Last edited:

cherryboy

Just Joined
Feb 14, 2023
Thanks, just what I wanted to hear. I had been told there wasn’t a connector

Are you happy with the kit - I can’t decide whether front will be ok, or should I get a rear drive

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
I have very limited experience with ebikes. I have 2 of them. One Yose and one Ananda. Both front hubs. Ananda is much better. Don't think it makes big difference front or rear hub.

I would give Yose 2.5 stars out of 5. It is ok...ish
Also 2 stars for their customer service. I find them incompetent and witch Chinese mentality approach to customer service.

How do you want to use your bike? Road? MTB?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Today all hubs have a motor cable julet connector approx. 18- 20cm long.

Sturmey

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2018
Ireland
My Yose 250 front bought in 2019 has a long motor cable that runs continuously the whole way to the controller (Julet 9 pin connector) thats fitted in a triangular frame bag. It has no connector near the wheel.
I have the cable facing downwards (drip loop) and this gives enough slack to fit a tyre or tube without disconnecting the cable. To replace a tube or tyre, I turn bike upside down and loosen/remove only the one tie nearest the wheel. I then dismount tyre and tube from wheel rim. Only after this do I open axle nuts and remove old tyre and tube. I then put back in new tyre/tube beside rim. I then refit wheel and tighten nuts. I then mount tyre/tube on rim. Doing it this way puts very little strain on cable. I have patched the tube once the old fashioned way without removing wheel .
My yose 250w (700c) has a 210 rpm motor so it wont do much above the 25 Km/hr speed limit, and will hardly do that when the battery voltage drops towards the second half of its normal battery range. But it has been a very reliable motor and has giving no problems (24000 Km) other than having to replace the rim due to V brakes wearing surface.

Last edited:

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
Single long cable is a bad design. I guess I would carry small scissors and some zip ties in saddle bag.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
That is quite poor then having a continuous long cable , looks like I 'm wrong then.
All my hubs have short motor cable front or rear.

cherryboy

Just Joined
Feb 14, 2023
This was the reply from Yose Power
Hello, sorry , the motor cable can't be disconnected near the wheel.
Seems a very poor design and puts me off buying it. If I cant remove the front wheel easily for transport purposes it wont work

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
Trouble with Yose is they don't really know what they are talking about, so it might have connector or... not.

This is the one I bought:

and it has such connector (28" kit).

However even with connector I don't think it is a good idea to remove wheel for transportation purposes. It is not easy to assemble/disassemble wheel and connector is not designed for frequent disconnecting.

I am not a big fan of Yose, but I think they offer best value for money at this moment, so maybe don't give up just yet. Even with long cable there is not much difference in removing wheel - all you need is scissors and zip cables.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
One doesn't need cable ties or for that matter scissor's , simply use velcro ties that won't pinch or damage the smaller wires inside the main outer sheath.

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
True. I find velcro ties less aesthetically pleasing though. One way or another cable length shouldn't make a massive difference when it comes to removing wheel .