Yose Power kits and LISHUI controllers.

PatM

Pedelecer
Jul 24, 2009
Maidstone Kent
Hi- I’ve built an ebike from a kit about 12 years ago- decent sized from hub and 24v originally, but I took it up to 36v and it had more power and was very useable- I’ve no idea what make the hub is and I’ve never been able to open it as I’ve not got a large enough c-spanner. The controller was a Leyen type- the Ebay seller had bought these kits and realised they were less attractive than he thought, so sold them. It was this bike I cut my teeth on as far as ebikes.

Roll on a few years- I had 2 aluminium framed MTBs and I did a Covid project- one a front and a year later, the other a rear YosePower kits.

The kits are easy to build and legal- the front one is 250w 36v and the rear 350w. The rear one has an integrated controller; the front is a tradition style- both are LISHUI and its these that I’m going to share my wisdom on. The hubs can be dismantled as they are screws, but careful wit the length of set-screws for your disc brakes- the supplied ones are too short and the threads fail.
Its been covered a few times on here- the LISHUI with the c500 user-interface cannot be modified from the screen other than the most basic of functions

The front wheel controller lasted me about 2000 miles then the front light interface stopped working- I thought it was the lead open circuit, or the lamp itself- but it was a 510ohn wire-wound resistor that had burnt out- big time. So, I replaced the controller and back in business- its handy having a light controlled of the c500 scree, as I ride all year, all weathers.

Now- the rear Yose kit- its got the integrated controller- that means the battery connector/plate has the controller built in and its potted- They pop up on ebay every so often- BROKEN.
I’m not sure if its overheating- but I haven’t noticed mine getting hot- it is after all completely exposed. I have noticed now for some while that occasionally when I’m on a hill, the motor seems to single-phase and gets noisy- so I suspect a hall or phase is losing- and I suspect it’s the controller that’s about to go- as it does ‘hang’ on slightly- keep powering after either PAS or thumb throttle are released.
I’ve bought a rear wheel controller- non-integrated- but it will need a power lead, as all LISUI controllers have JULET connectors.
The front and read controllers appear not to be interchangeable- not sure why- the plugs don’t clip home- so when my controller fails, ill modify the battery connector/holder to have 2 fly leads to the replacement controller and ill remove the JULET connector, as YosePower want £10 for the lead…

esuark

Pedelecer
Jul 23, 2019
kent
Last edited:

Sturmey

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2018
Ireland
......The kits are easy to build and legal- the front one is 250w 36v and the rear 350w. .......The front and read controllers appear not to be interchangeable- not sure why-
Re points above, if I can remember in my case, the front 250w only was sold as legal (or can be made legal), not the rear 350w.
The reason (in my case with kt controllers and probably the same with you) the front and rear controllers are not interchangeable is because of the front light on the 250w kit than makes an extra wire/pin necessary in the controller and signal cable. (1T5 versus 1T4?)

PatM

Pedelecer
Jul 24, 2009
Maidstone Kent
Well, i just chopped the plug off and extended my battery wires from a new Hailong holder (as one turns up whether you want it or not when you buy a battery) and the new contoller is in the bag that comes with the Yosepower kit- so my 2 bikes now look the same- but yet to take it out as its been chucking it down while I was replaceing the intergrated .

Sturmey is correct in that the rear kit is supposed to be 30% increase in power over the 250W- but as far as riding it is concerned- I feel no difference. Ill been keen to see if there is any after ditching the intergrated one. I do know that it (the old one) has MORE mosfet that the one Ive just re-wired and secured.