Yose Power Rear Converstion - Motor Wire Problem

Kingfisher103

Just Joined
Jul 19, 2022
Well this is a bit embarrassing but after only receiving and installing my conversion kit yesterday - I've managed to break it.
I'm looking for easiest/best solution to fix it.
In my haste to try it out I jumped on before tidying up the cables. I've then caught the motor cable in one of the gear cogs and damaged it. Initially this made the motor sound bad and then cut out with error 24. When I hold the wire in in place it works fine but as soon as I let go the connection breaks.

My question is... Should I cut the cable and then rejoin the wires (I should I get a professional to do it!). Is it easy enough to source and replace that cable or am I looking at buying a new rear wheel and motor?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If the motor cable damage is near the axle then repair is tricky. It really depends on the position, show us a pic.

peterjd

Pedelecer
Sep 18, 2019
Personally I would first attempt to repair what looks as though is probably a single wire which is damaged. Using a sharp scapel (craft hobby shop) with the sharp side of the blade away from the cable I would expect to be able to cut the cable casing so that the damaged wire can be freed away from the others. Then it hopefully will be possible to solder a joint on that wire and reinsulate. Failing that it means cutting and making new waterproof connections with something like suitable Julet connectors. Good luck.

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
It's not clear the exact position of the damage, is between the hub axle and motor cable connector or the other side of the motor connector ?

If the former then one should be able to cut the outer Black sheath to expose the wiring to see if it is just one or more then one wire damaged. If only one then it is possible to repair, if more then one may need to completely severe the wire and stagger the joints to repair. The hardest part is heat shrinking the individual wires , sliding a final outer shrink cover over all the joints is the easy bit and can be slid on out of the way first.
If the latter just buy a complete replacement controller to motor joint cable.

Last edited: