Help! Yose power throttle problem.

TgaTim

Just Joined
May 6, 2023
I fitted a Yose power conversion kit to my bike and am generally pleased with it but have a problem with the thumb throttle not working very well. The thumb throttle only gives a little power to the motor. A second kit I fitted to my wife's bike works much better with a full range of speed on the throttle. I've checked all the settings are the same and I've tried my thumb throttle on my wife's bike where it works well. Has anyone any idea why the throttle won't work on mine?

Cadence

Pedelecer
Feb 23, 2023
You probably have a 250w. kit? It will only have a "walk assist" throttle function as Yose sell these as UK and EU "legal". It probably doesn't allow you to increase the top speed either? I have a rear hub kit and found the same as you. I bought an 18 amp controller that Yose sell as a "350w. controller" and fitted it instead of the 15 amp one that came with the kit. This "unlocked" the throttle to allow a choice of "full" or "walk assist". There was also a significant hill climbing improvement as well. It didn't allow speed setting, and I suspect that this is a restriction set by the C500 display. If you want to increase the top speed you will probably have to buy another C500 display which Yose sell separately. I didn't bother.
I also have a 350w. rear hub kit on another bike, which has full throttle and top setting speed up to 30-32Km/hr.
I suspect your wife's bike either has a 350w. kit, or perhaps Yose used to supply 250w. kits without the UK/EU restrictions.
Hope this helps!

Last edited:

TgaTim

Just Joined
May 6, 2023
Thanks for the reply. I suspect you are correct. I have just checked and yes the one I purchased first, from a dealer on ebay, was a 250W kit and the second direct from Yose, is a 350W. Oops.

Cadence

Pedelecer
Feb 23, 2023
Thanks for the reply. I suspect you are correct. I have just checked and yes the one I purchased first, from a dealer on ebay, was a 250W kit and the second direct from Yose, is a 350W. Oops.
So, you either buy another controller or fight it out with your wife over who gets the 350w. kit!:D