Yosepower hub nut

Yak

Pedelecer
Mar 20, 2020
Afternoon folks. Just trying to fit my cassette onto this Yosepower rear hub and am having a senior moment. How do I undo this nut when the cable enters at the side? Concerned I will be twisting the cable...obviously it looks nothing like the manual, where the cable exits the centre of the hub nut and it can be removed easily.

Attachments

Yak

Pedelecer
Mar 20, 2020
Senile, past it etc. The daft rubber cover comes off, off course. But it took me writing it down to realise, so thank you! I’ll try looking at the next problem for 2 minutes next time!

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
take cap off... beat me to it lol

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
hey don't beat your self up too much, some member had a axle snap on the motor the other day, not me mind, but am sure he wouldn't mined me mentioning it lol, I personally touched my metal pliers across the + and - of one of my 15a controllers the other day and got a good spark from some stored electricity and I have done many a dumb stuff in the past, like lifting my back wheel up to test a motor on full throttle only to realise I swapped the rear motor for the front motor, lucky I had my brake sensors fitted!

Jammyb

Pedelecer
Jun 30, 2016
southampton
some member had a axle snap on the motor the other day
yep that was me :rolleyes:. So keen to test ride new setup whilst changing components i forgot to torque the axle nuts adequately! Won't be making that mistake again. Back up and running with another motor thanks to the help of PC2017 though :)

• :D
Reactions: PC2017

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
yep that was me
bugger didn't think you'd spot that - sorry man - lmao - at least others can learn from our mistakes, we could have easily not admitted any!

• :D
Reactions: Jammyb

Yak

Pedelecer
Mar 20, 2020
It didn’t take me long to make another...I carefully routed all the cables, hid them beautifully, in fact, then mounted everything, there were a few issues as I’m fitting the kit to a road bike so the thick handlebar was a problem, but I searched here for the answers and I think have ended up with a nice looking bike. Then I realized that the battery was mounted so low it interfered with my chain and I can’t change gears...bugger.

Reactions: PC2017

Yak

Pedelecer
Mar 20, 2020
And try getting rivnuts when your country is in lockdown! (I’m in Spain).

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
interfered with my chain
I had that problem with my first kit, several month after fitting the kit, the battery rack slipped down a few mm's and stopped me from changing gears, didn't figure what the problem was till I got home.

Not good this whole situation we are just starting our lock down phase early days yet though, pubs and other social places are off limits as of yesterday. Stay positive - personally I use a dolphin case battery so even the 48ver's aren't that heavy so I use one bottle cage mount screw and then a cable tie at the top, even though it's not recommended but tbh I have had no problems with this setup for the last 3 years as long as I periodically tighten the one mount screw (high tensile strength counter sunk) I am good to go.