Help! Yosepower PAS will not fit.

Phil Hart

Just Joined
Oct 12, 2023
Hi all
installed The rear hub Yosepower kit fine on my Carrera Crossfire II apart from the PAS. It slides over the axle fine until the axle changes from square to round where it stops. I cannot get it to slide any further and cannot file any of the PAS away without undermining it. Any ideas what I can do here as it has also happened to my wife's LIV bike. Many thanks

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
Hi all
installed The rear hub Yosepower kit fine on my Carrera Crossfire II apart from the PAS. It slides over the axle fine until the axle changes from square to round where it stops. I cannot get it to slide any further and cannot file any of the PAS away without undermining it. Any ideas what I can do here as it has also happened to my wife's LIV bike. Many thanks

Buy different PAS?

Phil Hart

Just Joined
Oct 12, 2023
Buy different PAS?

Hi
Thanks. I was hoping to avoid those as I am led to believe they have issues in the wet compared to the ones supplied.
Thanks again

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Use a dremmel to grind it out a bit. What else are you going to do with it? You only have to remove a little bit to make it fit. It still needs to be a little bit tight to turn with friction, so don't overdo it.

Phil Hart

Just Joined
Oct 12, 2023
Use a dremmel to grind it out a bit. What else are you going to do with it? You only have to remove a little bit to make it fit. It still needs to be a little bit tight to turn with friction, so don't overdo it.
Hi
That is an option on the table. I was wondering if there is a PAS in the market that accommodates this issue similar to the one provided but doesn't look like it.
thanks

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
I had the exact same issue with my yosepower conversion kit, (otherwise its been GREAT!!)
You can file/sand/dremil out the inner diameter a tad i did but even after doing so mine was still a little too grippy or large as its friction with the outer bit increased, which resulted with the sensor being rotated until stopped by tension on the cord/lead and then back again when i backpedaled for balance at stops and slow downs resulting in an unpredictable motor kick in..

so i eventually bought the alternative suggested by yosepower support, the clamp into the bottom bracket type, no problems since..

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
If concerned about water damage ' borrow' some nail polish and paint/seal it with a few coats.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I had the exact same issue with my yosepower conversion kit, (otherwise its been GREAT!!)
You can file/sand/dremil out the inner diameter a tad i did but even after doing so mine was still a little too grippy or large as its friction with the outer bit increased, which resulted with the sensor being rotated until stopped by tension on the cord/lead and then back again when i backpedaled for balance at stops and slow downs resulting in an unpredictable motor kick in..

so i eventually bought the alternative suggested by yosepower support, the clamp into the bottom bracket type, no problems since..
That BZ10C type Pas sensor is far superior then the all in one jobbies.