Help! Yosepower?

Adrianlle

Pedelecer
Aug 4, 2018
Help with another conversion please? I recently bought a lovely used Rohloff touring bike which has also been converted to a front hub motor. It is a lovely combination and I would like to replicate the kit on my wife’s tourer.
The kit was fitted by Electric Bike Sales Cambridge and from their website it seems to be a Sparticle. But the LCD is a Yosepower Y01 and seems to be a KT.
I could get a kit from Electric Bike Sales but £700 seems a bit steep with a small battery. So can anyone figure out what I’ve got ( a Yosepower kit?) and where I can get another inc a pair of good size bottle batteries( one spare goes in the back rack). Some pics below. Thanks as ever.

Attachments

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
It looks like a Yose kit to me.

Regardless of where it came from, kits are modular. You have the controller and LCD, which determine how nice the bike goes, then you have a motor, battery and sensors. The Sparticle kit was just a permutation of those standard parts from standard Chinese suppliers, though in your case, it looks like they bought everything except the battery from Yose Power.

If you're going to install the kit yourself, you might as well buy it direct from the Chinese unless you want to pay extra for insurance and support for when you have problems, though Yose do seem to be good with replacement parts at least.

Adrianlle

Pedelecer
Aug 4, 2018
Thanks. Realise I posted in the wrong forum section by mistake. Anyway, that’s what I thought too and your reply is v helpful I’m quite happy to buy from the Chinese though don’t want to be landed with import duties. However if it is a Yosepower I can’t seem to find a site to buy it from - either as a complete 26ins front hub kit( without batteries) or if necessary as components. Any thoughts/ links would be a help. Also any thoughts on where to source the bottle batteries and battery holder from. Thanks.

Adrianlle

Pedelecer
Aug 4, 2018

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
No, not Bafang, unsure of manufacturer, but they seem to be a reliable hub, quite a few here running them.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Yep it's a Yose kit .
Go to Topbikekit and buy it all from them.
Mix and match the various KT controllers and KT lcd 's to suit your needs, then decide whether you want the AKM 100H or 100SX if you want legal front hub a slightly better hub then Yose and pick the rpm to suit your needs.

Last edited:

Adrianlle

Pedelecer
Aug 4, 2018
Yep it's a Yose kit .
Go to Topbikekit and buy it all from them.
Mix and match the various KT controllers and KT lcd 's to suit your needs, then decide whether you want the AKM 100H or 100SX if you want legal front hub a slightly better hub then Yose and pick the rpm to suit your needs.
Thanks for this. I googled Topbikekitand got a U. S. site e and one on AliExpress. I assume the latter one is the correct site? If I go for the AKM which is the better legal 26ins front hub and which KT controller and LCD would you suggest, if you don’t mind me picking your brain. Also do I get stung for import duties buying it this way?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Thanks for this. I googled Topbikekitand got a U. S. site e and one on AliExpress. I assume the latter one is the correct site? If I go for the AKM which is the better legal 26ins front hub and which KT controller and LCD would you suggest, if you don’t mind me picking your brain. Also do I get stung for import duties buying it this way?
You have to tell us what use you are going to use it for and the terrain.
Usually a 201 rpm for up to 16mph is used or a 260rpm 18/19mph motor is used.
The 100sx hub is legal 250w.
From China expect about £25 duty to pay.

SWXK2 is the updated version of Sparticle hub

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
For controller T06S or T09S, T06S can get very warm (IMHO) the T09S is better but a bit larger. Then decide which wiring you want for the kit multiplug older style or compact easy fit waterproof Julet style.
Buy all the add on's you need, PAS 8 poles, speed sensor, throttle. If you want small unobtrusive display select 'no display ' and then buy the LCD4 separately or opt for the LCD3. If buying a throttle consider fitting one brake cut off to your bike.

Adrianlle

Pedelecer
Aug 4, 2018
For controller T06S or T09S, T06S can get very warm (IMHO) the T09S is better but a bit larger. Then decide which wiring you want for the kit multiplug older style or compact easy fit waterproof Julet style.
Buy all the add on's you need, PAS 8 poles, speed sensor, throttle. If you want small unobtrusive display select 'no display ' and then buy the LCD4 separately or opt for the LCD3. If buying a throttle consider fitting one brake cut off to your bike.
Thanks for all this help. Fantastic. The bike has a14 speed Rohloff rear hub and an eccentric bb which precludes the use of wither a mid drive or a rear motor. So looking for a front hub motor that gives as much grunt as poss on steep hills. My existing Sparticle/ Yosepower kit on my Rohloff bike is a good combination. So before I order a few more questions if I may? I can’t seem to find any wheels with motor already built in on the top bike site. Is that right? So have to factor in the cost of a wheel and having it laced in etc. As to rpm I assume I should go for the lower rpm torque on hills? I also can’t figure out on the site how to order with Juliet cables throughout. Finally where is the best place to buy a good down tube battery from? Sorry for sounding such a nerd but we all have to start somewhere!

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
BMSBattery sell some hubs built in to wheels the downside is the extra weight and parcel size can sometimes be more then the product price, so it is cheaper to buy a bare hub and build it in the UK.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Julet controllers.
Use the drop down boxes for peripherals when you are on the controller page.

LCD3
www.topbikekit.com/ktlcd3-24v36v48v-lcd-meter-display-with-waterproof-cohttp://www.topbikekit.com/t09s-36v48v500w-torque-simulation-sine-wave-controller-with-julei-waterproof-connector-p-760.htmlnnector-p-468.html
LCD4
LCD5
lcd10

Battery only option

If you want battery/controller integration forget all the above options and use
the the links below for 3 Hailong batteries and compatible component kit options.
Use the drop down boxes to add every thing you need, controller integrated, lcd , etc,etc.

Forth option using Polly battery.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Remember though, it's really tricky to diagnose faults and problems if you use the waterproof connectors. I always use the controllers without them.

Adrianlle

Pedelecer
Aug 4, 2018
Julet controllers.
Use the drop down boxes for peripherals when you are on the controller page.

LCD3
www.topbikekit.com/ktlcd3-24v36v48v-lcd-meter-display-with-waterproof-cohttp://www.topbikekit.com/t09s-36v48v500w-torque-simulation-sine-wave-controller-with-julei-waterproof-connector-p-760.htmlnnector-p-468.html
LCD4
LCD5
lcd10

Battery only option

If you want battery/controller integration forget all the above options and use
the the links below for 3 Hailong batteries and compatible component kit options.
Use the drop down boxes to add every thing you need, controller integrated, lcd , etc,etc.

Forth option using Polly battery.
Fantastic. Thank you.