2 New Juicy Bikes

TonyReisman

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 10, 2010
Hi Bob
The bikes are doing great work with lots of comments from our delivery clients and riders are really appreciating them. Do you have any more 14 amp hour models left?
Regards
Tony

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
We do Tony and I have emailed you details.
Great to hear the bikes are appreciated!

Ultra Motor

Esteemed Pedelecer
Thanks for the reply. I think it is likely I will be back - I have been recommended by folks here to try a range of bikes, but I am struggling to find other products that are as good looking as the Sport, for roughly the same price point. Having previously really liked the Wisper and Urban Mover folders, I have had a raft of people warn me against front wheel drive bikes in the wet, and I am inclined to take their advice!

There is also the Sunlova range but the distributors don't appear to be particularly enthusiastic about letting customers try their bikes - a Saturday viewing was available only after much persistence :rolleyes:

Yes, on your Sport I was shown that it has two locks: one for the ignition, and the other locking the battery into place (it took us a while to figure out that's why we couldn't remove it!). Birmingham city centre during the day has a fairly low crime rate, but I'll be locking up in Digbeth and Hockley as well, which are not so great. I think I would take your advice and leave the battery in situ; lugging that around, with a rucksack/laptop as well, is just going to be a lot of hassle.

Without question I'd use a D-lock where I am. I've seen some really solid ones, but unfortunately they cost 60GBP! I will get a tag as well - good idea.
Hi Halfer,

Our new Fast4ward folder, the Edge: Fast4ward by Ultra Motor - Home Page has a rear wheel motor and the same pricepoint, £999

Thanks
Mark

halfer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mark, just looked at your link, and noticed that all the dealership web addresses on the Google locator are broken. The Peak MTB does look very nice, btw!

Scottyf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2011
Halfer if you need to try a kit on a bike or want to go over things i'm based in birmingham city center and ride through digbeth on the way to work!

halfer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Cheers Scotty, but will stick with my Juicy Sport for the time being :)

Clarification: my contribution to this thread dates back from around August last year, when I was looking for an electric bike.

Scottyf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2011
Will keep an eye out for you while commuting!

halfer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Cool :). I am sometimes in the city centre on a weekend, and do Hockley to Moseley several times a week.

Scottyf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2011
Not far from me then as i'm in the jewellery quarter! Shouldn't be that hard to sport as the juicy's have distinct frames!

bradgirl

Jul 21, 2008
Ac ouple of questions!

Are there some good hills in Buxton to try these bikes out on??? And are you open over the coming weekend?

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
Hi Bradgirl
We are open every day except Christmas and we have good hills and some very bad hills too! We also have some discounted, brand-new bikes that may interest you.
Hope to see you soon.

bradgirl

Jul 21, 2008
Cool! I might come and take a look at the weekend because my parents live in Congleton, which isn't too far away, so I can pop in on them too! Do I need to do anything to book a test ride? And what are your opening hours?
I like the sound of the discounted, brand-new bikes.....might be tempted!! Eeek

Jon

Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2011
Stoke on Trent
www.tangit.co.uk
Bradgirl

I was there last week, Bob will point you in the direction of a steep hill which i just kept going up and down about 4 or 5 times in total and it worked very well. I then went past the shop to the round about headed left and followed that road to the right up a very long hill and when i got to the top i didnt feel tired or sweaty and the journey down was even better lol.

I thought the sport Bob had was very comfortable. Im trying a few different brands out to compare plus im having issues with work getting the cycle to scheme thing processed due to redundancies issued its not a scheme issue just my employer.

I hope you enjoy and let us know how you get on

bradgirl

Jul 21, 2008
I went, I tried a JuicyBike and I've now got a JuicyBike Sport 2011 sitting in my pantry! I loved the bike, found peddling up the hills very easy and decided not to even try anything else but just to buy! I'm going out on my first proper ride on my bike this morning, so will keep you all updated on progress. Big thanks to Bob, who was brilliant, and really made the whole experience very easy (and exciting!!).

I'm an e-biker!!!

kitchenman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2010
Aberaeron, West Wales
I went, I tried a JuicyBike and I've now got a JuicyBike Sport 2011 sitting in my pantry! I loved the bike, found peddling up the hills very easy and decided not to even try anything else but just to buy! I'm going out on my first proper ride on my bike this morning, so will keep you all updated on progress. Big thanks to Bob, who was brilliant, and really made the whole experience very easy (and exciting!!).

I'm an e-biker!!!
Well done for deciding!... So many (and I was one) spend an age contemplating and dithering. Such a relief when you actually take the plunge.

Shroppielass

Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2008
Shrewsbury
I went, I tried a JuicyBike and I've now got a JuicyBike Sport 2011 sitting in my pantry!
I'm an e-biker!!!
Congratulations. E-biking is great fun. I'm sure you won't regret it - unless the hole in your pocket and the full pantry leave you hungry!

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
So at 66 kilos, no discount for me then? ;)
:)

Kelly, it was a real pleasure to meet someone so genuinely pleased with one of our bikes. Please do stay in touch and let us know how you get on with the bike.

bradgirl

Jul 21, 2008
Well, I have had it for 6 weeks now and absolutely love having an electric bike!

I must have done about 100 miles now and have ridden it to work at least once every week, and often more. The hill climbing ability is fantastic and I love racing off the lights with the throttle assist!! I think it's one of the best decisions I ever made to go for this bike...it's ace!

In the interests of fairness, I have had a couple of issues:

Brakes - I'm not the most technically minded person so adjusting them has been a bit hit and miss. I'm thinking of upgrading them to be honest due to the huge hills I have to ride down every day!
Battery - The other small problem I've had is the battery moves around a lot and is very noisy when it does, I am starting to get a little concerned as it seems to be getting worse - any suggestions as to a fix Bob?

Other than that, the main problem has been the weather as I'm afraid I'm a fair weather rider, so not being able to ride the bike to work because of the rain has been a bit annoying.

So far, so good, and thanks to everyone on the forum for your help in getting me going....best thing I ever did!!

halfer

Esteemed Pedelecer
@bradgirl - I found adjusting the disk brakes on my Juicy a bit tricky also. However after consulting with Bob, it's very easy - you just need an additional Allen key to adjust the outer pad. Instructions here.

On the battery, the bolts securing the backplate came off very quickly. I keep meaning to replace them, although the battery seems to stay in quite happily without! I would buy some anti-shake washers for these, or just tighten them up whenever you do some general maintenance.