2015 bike build

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Am considering adding Oxydrive CST kit curently on sale to my current project.
I was considering other options for kit bits for the bike from BMS Battery, Elife bike
and even Elfkw but the Oxydrive option is looking an excellant candidate at the
sale price.

Do you have pics?
Would love to see it!
Will see if I get time tomorrow to take and load up pics.
Leccy wise it will an experimental project, general spec is:
  • CF HT frame with good solid ali rear drop outs off ebay sub £100, straight 11/8 head tube.
  • RS Recon 100mm forks with 220 steerer off ebay.
  • GXP bb with truative noir cf/ali chain set bargain off Wiggle.
  • XT M771 front and rear mechs CRC.
  • Brakes Acera m396 hyd disc ebay new £32 pair.
  • Wheels 26" ,tyres etc laying about in garage.
  • Gear shifters, cables laying about in garage.
  • CF stem and H/bars sub £25 off ebay new.
  • Norco ali seat tube laying about in gararge.
  • V8 copy flat pedals CRC.

Last edited:
Reactions: EddiePJ

jonathan75

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
Hertfordshire
Notice you bought the Oxydrive kit, am totally jealous, I bought the same thing but for more and from China (and I still have to put spokes on the wheel...).

Good luck with the build!

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Haven't yet got round to the pics yet but will do in time, the frame looks really smart and is really nicely finsihed in White and Black. Probably will build the cst in to one of the wheels I have to match the front I have just rebuilt with black spokes, hopefully I can do the build as 3x to match.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
A couple of pics,a bit dull today for piccy's and homemade trueing stand cost to build nothing just time. Am able to build and true wheels in no time now I seemed to pick up the knack very quickly.
Andrew emailed yesterday and Oxydrive not due till at least Friday due to high demand, not surprised there :(, has to get more supplies from his EU warehouse.

Attachments

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
So kit has arrived, haven't found any 197mm black spokes yet to rebuild exsisting wheel with cst in so for now will use kit wheel as it is.
Filed about 1/2 mil out of the drop outs for it to slide in nice and a little filing of the rounds so it sits down nice and snug, next job is to carefully machine/dremmel out dropouts just enough for the nib on the anti rotation washers to fit as well ( was going to use arw's with nib removed however d8veh recommended not to). Once the wheel is fitted a torque arm will be fitted on the brake side.
As I have a GXP bb the fitting of the peddle sensor wasn't going to be straight forward, I have had a trial fitting but more tinkering is needed.
Also have had a look at the excellant Tektro brake lever and have decided not to use it but will remove the reed switch with the connector and wire and adapt it to my Hyd brake lever.
Again will post pics as and when.

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
DSCF0004 (2).JPG DSCF0006 (2).JPG Had a fiddle today and fitted the crank sensor, removed the granny cog and used the allen fixings to fix the sensor disc in place. A hole saw was used to cut the center out so that it fits over the BB outer bearing shell, also had to add 2.5mm & 1mm BB spacer to allow clearence between the disc and sensor which is about 1.5mm.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Did some dremmelling on the inside of the drop outs yesterday so that the anti rotation washers fit nicely now, the drive side was easiest to do as I only needed to do the mech hanger which was removed to do it. No pics yet will post some tomorrow with cst in place.
Waiting for some black spokes to arrive so that I can rebuild my rear rim with the cst then both f & r rims will match, double checked with calc on Sheldon Brown site for spoke length my original calc for 197mm spokes was wrong actually needed 233mm.

robbyheansen

Pedelecer
Jan 6, 2015
www.electric-batteries.com
Did some dremmelling on the inside of the drop outs yesterday so that the anti rotation washers fit nicely now, the drive side was easiest to do as I only needed to do the mech hanger which was removed to do it. No pics yet will post some tomorrow with cst in place.
Waiting for some black spokes to arrive so that I can rebuild my rear rim with the cst then both f & r rims will match, double checked with calc on Sheldon Brown site for spoke length my original calc for 197mm spokes was wrong actually needed 233mm.
Hi Nealh, Did you need a battery pack for your E-bike.
We can customized for you , high capacity battery pack for it. It's fast and long time to ride.
Check the link: www.electric-batteries.com

robbyheansen

Pedelecer
Jan 6, 2015
Hi Nealh, Did you need a battery pack for your E-bike.
We can customized for you , high capacity battery pack for it. It's fast and long time to ride.
Check the link: www.electric-batteries.com

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Hello Robby, Kit was sold complete comes with 13ah battery with Samsung 2c cells.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
Robby, does your company make custom battery cases?
I think NCR cells are slightly better, better quality control, fewer defects.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
Robby, how much you sell this battery with 10S4P NCR 3200mAH for?
Also, can you modify the case to add an e-bike controller inside?

robbyheansen

Pedelecer
Jan 6, 2015
The cost of parts:
Cell-NCR 3200mAh, price: 24/pcs, quantity: 10*4=40
housing: 200/pcs
Others accessories: 100/pcs
labor cost: 150( Depending on your quantity)
profit: 20%( Depending on your quantity)
So the price of battery pack:
(40*24+100+200+150)*1.2=1692= $273

If the size of housing is OK! We can try to add a controller, but as you know that you must place a big order.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
Robby, do you have intelligent BMS with data port for data logging?

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
yes, Robby. A data port that can communicate with serial interface with a PC.
I'd like to log charging dates, charging current, load and individual cell voltages.