2015 Trek X Caliber does it fit mid drive?

Klang180

Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
exeter
From what I have seen on this forum certain bikes aren't suitable for mid-drive systems because of more aggressive chainstays i.e. Voodoo bikes, does anyone know if the 2015 Trek X Caliber (sic) in XL would accommodate a mid drive?

Bikes4two

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 21, 2020
Havant
From what I have seen on this forum certain bikes aren't suitable for mid-drive systems because of more aggressive chainstays i.e. Voodoo bikes, does anyone know if the 2015 Trek X Caliber (sic) in XL would accommodate a mid drive?
I don't know but if you were to take some pics of the bike around the area where the chain stays joint the seat tube/down tube/bottom bracket, an informed decision might be forthcoming.

Something like this maybe?

Reactions: Klang180

Klang180

Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
exeter
I don't know but if you were to take some pics of the bike around the area where the chain stays joint the seat tube/down tube/bottom bracket, an informed decision might be forthcoming.

Something like this maybe?
View attachment 44635
Thanks, I was actually hoping to figure this out before buying the bike but I might see if I like the bike first and then go from there. I could always go for a hub motor if needs be and haven't decided yet but I just like the idea of a mid drive for my second project.

Reactions: Bikes4two

Klang180

Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
exeter
Thanks, I was actually hoping to figure this out before buying the bike but I might see if I like the bike first and then go from there. I could always go for a hub motor if needs be and haven't decided yet but I just like the idea of a mid drive for my second project.
Actually I will see if the seller can take a pic of it, that seems like a sensible way to proceed!

Reactions: Bikes4two