250w vs 500w

CerIs

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 18, 2015
You still haven't given a budget.
Id say around £700 total

Just this last week there was a thread here where someone bought a kit from eBay and it wouldn’t pull the skin off a rice pudding
I see cyclotricity do a 250 kit for around £200, wonder if it can be de-restricted? I know they do it for their 500 duel.

JohnCade

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2014
I wrote further up the thread that for what you say you want I would fit a crank drive kit. I’m not sure how much they cost with the battery but you could get a good one from Woosh with a full warranty for under your budget. So a s/h eBay bike and a bit of fettling if you don’t have one and you’re alway. Woosh has a new slightly cheaper CD motor kit which is selling well and has good reviews. It should be well powerful enough for you to keep to around 24mph on the flat with the right gearing if you derestrict it and are happy to be illegal. It will eat battery power at those speeds so you’ll need a big battery.

Search for CD kits, and threads on converting them. There is one not far up the forum where someone converted a Cube using a bb 01 CD kit. They are not hard to convert.

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
I see cyclotricity do a 250 kit for around £200, wonder if it can be de-restricted
Just for reference my throttle only 26 inch wheel Cyclotricity 250 kit did around 21 mph straight out of the box so I should think that would be the top speed you could de-restrict it to.
Purchased 28 months back but they look to be the same kit.
No problems at all and the battery is still giving top performance after over 3000 miles mainly off road miles.

Dave.

CerIs

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 18, 2015
Just for reference my throttle only 26 inch wheel Cyclotricity 250 kit did around 21 mph straight out of the box
Cool, thanks for the recommendation! Did you need to buy the lcd/Led monitor to de-restrict it?

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
Cool, thanks for the recommendation! Did you need to buy the lcd/Led monitor to de-restrict it?
No, I just have the thumb throttle, no LCD or pedal sensors and had 21 mph when connected up as per manual.

I prefer just throttle as I like to ride without any power most of the time and just a squirt of throttle when I need it. Not how most folk ride but it suits me.
I think there is a post somewhere about setting the speed with a "secret" menu in the LCD.
Dave.