Advice on bafang middrive please

D

Deleted member 4366

The throttle uses a 5v sensor. It gives approximately 4v at full throttle and 1v at zero throttle. All normal ebike throttles are the same. The controller reads its voltage and decides how much power to give depending on its programming and the settings.

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.
Factory setting on the BBS has the throttle output linked to the PAS level you are in, so to get full throttle on a hill, you must be in highest PAS setting. You are right this can be changed with the programming cable.
Correct...

like i`ve already said,

Bafang Config Tool - Throttle Tab - Set Des. Assist Level to 9 in drop-down

not `By Displays Command`

JohnnyBBadd

Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2016
Gloucestershire
The programming is also subject to the preferences chosen by each supplier. I've just got a BBS02 direct from Green Bike Kits in China (Excellent service by the way) and as it was dispatched, it had no throttle response at all when pedaling, irrespective of PAS setting. Soon remedied with on-bike re-programming (didn't require the reprogramming lead).

CrIMiN8l

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 23, 2016
London
Hey Peeps, I have a 500w 36v Bafang Mid Drive motor. I purchased a programming cable to drop the Amps the conroller was pulling - was eating through my battery pretty quick!
When I hooked it up to my PC I Clicked on Read 'ONLY:mad:.' I believe this did not read all the settings on all 3 pages, and I saved the file for backup.
Bike Really does not feel the same:(.
Was hoping somebody here could share a image of the stock factory settings of the motor. Would really appreciate it.:rolleyes:

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
Hi
I did exactly the same thing first time the programme only up loads the page your on sorry I cannot help with the 500watt programme but try the luna cycles site

CrIMiN8l

Oct 23, 2016
London
Hi
I did exactly the same thing first time the programme only up loads the page your on sorry I cannot help with the 500watt programme but try the luna cycles site
Ahh somebodys knows wat m talking about.. thanks peter. Will try then now..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

minexplorer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2017
Four Lanes,Cornwall
The programming is also subject to the preferences chosen by each supplier. I've just got a BBS02 direct from Green Bike Kits in China (Excellent service by the way) and as it was dispatched, it had no throttle response at all when pedaling, irrespective of PAS setting. Soon remedied with on-bike re-programming (didn't require the reprogramming lead).
Sadly so.My bbs01 350w was powerfull out of the box.After an issue developed with the controller it was replaced under warrenty by eclipse bikes.Now it feels like a 250w.They assure me its programmed as 18amp 350w tho. Just not the same. Havent got a laptop to program it tho i have a cable and dont want to invalidate the warrenty.

CrIMiN8l

Oct 23, 2016
London
You could check the settings with your cable and not change anything, I read somewhere that allot of vendors change settings so they dont have come backs for warrenty purpose's.
What I've read is allot of people are modding there settings and blowing the contoller's and asking for them to be replaced under warrenty. Dont know how true this is!:rolleyes:

minexplorer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2017
Four Lanes,Cornwall
You could check the settings with your cable and not change anything, I read somewhere that allot of vendors change settings so they dont have come backs for warrenty purpose's.
What I've read is allot of people are modding there settings and blowing the contoller's and asking for them to be replaced under warrenty. Dont know how true this is!:rolleyes:
I will see if a friend can bring his laptop over. I know somethings different. On max PAS i used to reach high speed with ease and climb hills with a smile.I only get that now if i hold the throttle down .Which i keep doing ,so i dont end up with a greater range as a positive trade off.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Check this website out REALLY GOOD!!
https://electricbike-blog.com/2015/06/26/a-hackers-guide-to-programming-the-bbs02/
I used the settings on Karl's Special Sauce an have worked great for me. Saves me allot of battery more millage. Everything is explained DO's & Dont's - you can also tweak a lil to your needs once you understand everthing.
I get a chuckle every time I read on that page "The BBS02 at 750Watts is really only powerful enough for about 25mph or so on level ground, although with a 52T chainring on a downhill stretch I have reached 40mph."

How much does that guy weigh? Or is he just being careful because some readers will never see those speeds?

A 250W GSM @ 36v x 15 A is capable of 45 km/h on the flat on my LCD which translates to about 28 mph in yee olde measuring system. Factoring in tyre size that may be about 42 km/h in real money. I would think that on my bike a 750W BBS02 unrestricted would hold 45 km/h all day and on undulating terrain.

D

Deleted member 4366

Hmmm!. It sounds about right to me. You need 250 w of output power to do 15 mph on an MTB and around 1000w to go 30 mph. A 750w BBS02 is normally 25 amps at 48v, which is 1200w of input power. Multiply by .75 for motor and controller losses and say .9 for drive train losses, which means around 810w of output power, which would get you to about 26 mph.

Obviously if you pedal, you'll go faster. I can just about reach 30 mph on my road bike for a very short time with zero watts from a motor, but that's sort of irrelevant. If you added 200w of pedal power to the BBS02, you could sustain 30 mph, but that would be beyond most of our forum members.

CrIMiN8l

Oct 23, 2016
London
Hmmm!. It sounds about right to me. You need 250 w of output power to do 15 mph on an MTB and around 1000w to go 30 mph. A 750w BBS02 is normally 25 amps at 48v, which is 1200w of input power. Multiply by .75 for motor and controller losses and say .9 for drive train losses, which means around 810w of output power, which would get you to about 26 mph.

Obviously if you pedal, you'll go faster. I can just about reach 30 mph on my road bike for a very short time with zero watts from a motor, but that's sort of irrelevant. If you added 200w of pedal power to the BBS02, you could sustain 30 mph, but that would be beyond most of our forum members.
Ok guyz i have a 500w 36v.. i hit 28mph EASY on my first ride out..
Was pedaling but was shocked. I changed the settings and dint remember the stock settings but was draing my batter like crazy..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk