All in one wheel from BMSbattery

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Reactions: robdon
D

Deleted member 4366

I wonder what the 6-axis gyroscope is for?

For anybdy that wants to try one, there are a few things you need to be aware of:
For alloy forks, you'll need a torque arm.
If you have a QR front wheel, you'll most likely need to file the drop-outs.
You need forks with inboard drop-outs so that the motor doesn't rub on the forks.

• Informative
Reactions: Wheel-E

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
how are you going to stop it getting nicked?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Maybe the same motor is used in those one wheel scooter things?
Not quite on topic though a little related, a 32 year old man was given 6 points after being caught using one of these in London. Added to the 6 he already had was banned from driving, Apparently he was doing about 12 mph wizzing pass pedestrians and seen riding on the road. Think I saw the story last week in the Mail or Express, quite a well off guy I believe he was the son of a London property companies CEO.

• Informative
Reactions: flecc

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I wonder what the 6-axis gyroscope is for?
to act as a direction finder?
if the bike moves forward sufficiently, then start the motor...

D

Deleted member 4366

to act as a direction finder?
if the bike moves forward sufficiently, then start the motor...
Apparently, it uses the gyroscope to sense when you're going up or down hills, and it adjusts the power accordingly.

• Agree
Reactions: Woosh

johneb

Pedelecer
Aug 3, 2013
4kg + battery unsprung weight might make the handling 'interesting'.

Steb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 15, 2017
london
Just noticed this

https://bmsbattery.com/home/857-all-in-one-hub.html

Doesn't float my boat but some of you might like it.
oddly, I could almost like it at that price (but I checked on BMS battery and postage adds over a hundred dollars, which with the larger battery makes it $457, which i don't think its worth). imagine a relaxed roadster type bike (I know the reduced weight on the front wheel could be a problem) if one isn't in a terrible hurry (and not on a mountain bike where the added unsprung weight wouldn't be good I think)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
if it's successful, there will be a lot of copies.
Others have been around for a long time, the Copenhagen Wheel for example was announced in 2009.

Now nearly a decade later, it and copies haven't exactly set the world of e-biking alight, so I doubt they are really desired.

BornAgainCyclist

Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2017
Sanderstead
It is marketted as an easy slot in and out device allowing occassional use. The price has always been the blocker IMO. For example this - https://www.geoo.com/

I would get one for the his and hers ready to go mountain bike if at the right price and the slot in and out with a torque arm (noted Dave).

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Others have been around for a long time, the Copenhagen Wheel for example was announced in 2009.

Now nearly a decade later, it and copies haven't exactly set the world of e-biking alight, so I doubt they are really desired.
this one seems to be one step forward with the use of the 6-axis gyroscope. The battery can always be relocated to the downtube to reduce the weight of the front wheel.

harrys

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 1, 2016
Chicago, USA
For me, in the USA, shipping is $100-115 USD, depending on battery. The kit with 8.7AH battery is $347. So $450 USD.

250W, 36V. I figure 18 mph top. Maybe 25 miles, 20 for sure at 14 mph.

Wonder how they do PAS and even speed unless there's an extra sensor. How do they kill the motor if you brake?

I dislike using a phone to connect up. Rather see bluetooth going to a little throttle box on the handlebars.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union