Bafang BBS02 fit my carbon frame hardtail ?

yumseyo

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 9, 2019
Hi All ! I need your advice, I have a carbon fiber (maybe aluminum with carbon fiber covering?) hard tail that I want to install a Bafang BBS02 onto. The bottom bracket is a threaded 68mm and the BBS02 fits into it with clearance around it for wire routing. The frame looks like it has an aluminum bottom bracket set into the carbon frame? It was suggested I use a torque arm. Please take a look at my pictures. Thanks in advance !

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
It looks OK, but you will need some sort of torque arm. You can use one or both the fixing points for the plate that normally goes over the BB for one end or the torque arm, then fabricate a P-bracket that goes around the frame for the other end. Make the P-bracket fairly wide so that you don't crush the carbon fibre. I'm in the process of doing the same thing on my bike.

yumseyo

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 9, 2019
It looks OK, but you will need some sort of torque arm. You can use one or both the fixing points for the plate that normally goes over the BB for one end or the torque arm, then fabricate a P-bracket that goes around the frame for the other end. Make the P-bracket fairly wide so that you don't crush the carbon fibre. I'm in the process of doing the same thing on my bike.
Thanks saneagle for the reply. Would you show me what you made or found when you are done? I found one on ebay.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
carbon fame is a bad idea m8s bbs hd has broken every saddle rail cracked the frame alu with micro vibrations even broke my ti rail saddle :eek:

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Thanks saneagle for the reply. Would you show me what you made or found when you are done? I found one on ebay.

View attachment 56938
I haven't made it yet. My mate keeps letting me down with the material. I wanted it to be made from stainless, which i don't have. I guess I'll eventually make it out of what I have. All I'm planning is a strip of steel about 150mm long and 12 mm wide and 2.5mm thick with a 6mm hole at one end and two 5mm holes at the other end to co-incide with the two in that bracket above, then grind a curve between the holes, like the one above, to clear the motor. The two 5mm holes are for screws to fix it to the motor, then wrap a strip about 20mm wide around the frame with four 6mm holes - two side-by-side in each end, one to clamp it to the frame and the other to clamp and fix the end of the arm. It's pretty simple really.

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
so that's what the angle grinder is for :p

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

grinding need more amps fkn 250mph weapon limit is crap :rolleyes:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
giant bikes have giant cracks in the frames it is just paint cracking tho, one year later new frames for everyone :rolleyes: