Bafang bbs02 help please!

Adriantl

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 29, 2012
I have a bbs02 36v 500w 8fun unit
All went fine for 200 miles
Then ran intermittently cutting out
Display works no errors checked all wires connection and fine disconnecting brake etc still nothing
Battery new and ok
I have stripped down and think its controller
If I take off battery put back on turn pedal it will run but only once then nothing again
Do I need new controller?
Can I only order exact one
Been told newer version ?
Sorry but at wits end need advice

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Once they play up then usaually a new controller is the fix.
You can try the hall sensor connector in the motor to see if it is seated correctly, in the older models white silicone use to be a problem around the connection.
I have little trust in their long term reliability, I have a bbs01 gone thru two controllers and is now sitting in the spares box. One day I might resurrect it and try again with an external controller.

Adriantl

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 29, 2012
Once they play up then usaually a new controller is the fix.
You can try the hall sensor connector in the motor to see if it is seated correctly, in the older models white silicone use to be a problem around the connection.
I have little trust in their long term reliability, I have a bbs01 gone thru two controllers and is now sitting in the spares box. One day I might resurrect it and try again with an external controller.
Sorry where and what is a hall sensor please?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Sorry where and what is a hall sensor please?
The hall sensors are imbedded into the motor and receive a signal from a passing magnetic field, when you remove the controller you will see the three phases throttle and pas wiring as well as the 5 wire hall connector. Sometimes this connector doesn't seat properly and can give an intermittent connection and cause cut outs, not always giving an error code.