Bafang BBS02B - If Carlsberg made mid-drive e-bike motors...

AndrewJ

Pedelecer
Apr 12, 2013
Hi Neal, hope you're well.
It is just that. If you are that way inclined and have access to private land it would be possible to do that with some advanced user experience.
Used as it is intended at 15A it is simply a super hardy mid-drive EAPC motor. :)
Is the BBS02B any better at climbing hills compared with the BBS01B (i.e. more torque) or the same?

Is the BBS02B any better at climbing hills compared with the BBS01B (i.e. more torque) or the same?
The BBS02B 36V 250W can provide more power and a notable increase in torque. In many cases the BBS01B 36V 250W is plenty powerful enough, but the BBS02B's greater ability is very useful in certain applications.
Depending on programming and usage, the BBS02B can draw greater current, so battery Ah capacity and the continuous and max Amp rating of the battery/BMS to be used should be considered when purchasing.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 4366

I've just re-read the thread, and there appear to be some misleading comments. There's no 15 amp limit to keep your motor legal. you can run whatever current you want and use it wherever you want as long as the motor is rated at 250W by the manufacturers.

I've just re-read the thread, and there appear to be some misleading comments. There's no 15 amp limit to keep your motor legal. you can run whatever current you want and use it wherever you want as long as the motor is rated at 250W by the manufacturers.
Quite right. Max. assist speed should be 25kph for both pas and throttle. This is normally how they come supplied.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk