Bare Bones BBSXX Motor Only?

JohnnyBBadd

Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2016
Gloucestershire
Does anyone here know of a Bafang/8 Fun UK retailer who supplies a 'bare bones' BBS02 motor only option?

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
there isn't much difference in price between a barebone motor and one with rim and spokes from UK suppliers.

Reactions: JohnnyBBadd

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
Methinks he means a mid drive

JohnnyBBadd

Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2016
Gloucestershire
there isn't much difference in price between a barebone motor and one with rim and spokes from UK suppliers.
Thanks for getting back to me, but I was talking about a mid drive... I should've made that clear - my bad!

Edited now...

Last edited:

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
Dont know of any.
I needed one last month and couldnt find one so ended up getting one from Conhismotor via ebay.
At least it came from their European warehouse with a reciept for 100 euros so no tax to pay on it.
Just means I can put a DPC14 on the mtb now.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Thanks for getting back to me, but I was talking about a mid drive... I should've made that clear - my bad! Edited now...
do you mean the BBS02 motor without the LCD, cable, thumb throttle and brake levers?
If you just want your motor repaired, I can do that..

JohnnyBBadd

Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2016
Gloucestershire
do you mean the BBS02 motor without the LCD, cable, thumb throttle and brake levers?
If you just want your motor repaired, I can do that..
Yes, that's what I meant, but if you think you might be able to repair mine, then that would be great!

I have a feeling that it's only the controller that is malfunctioning, but I figured that an entire motor would give me spares to swap out, as and when. My bike gets a lot of use, often in wet and muddy conditions and the motor has been known to have been submerged in deep puddles, on occasion! I think it's probably water damage, but when I stripped it down there was no sign of water ingress...

The symptoms are as follows: The motor will work without complaint for miles, but then 'throw a wobbler' and either refuse to work, or will work intermittently, cutting in and out whilst on the move. If I do a factory reset, then sometimes it can come back to life for a while. The DPC14 LCD is showing Controller Error Code 12. It's a BBS02b 750W...

JohnnyBBadd

Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2016
Gloucestershire
Dont know of any.
I needed one last month and couldnt find one so ended up getting one from Conhismotor via ebay.
At least it came from their European warehouse with a reciept for 100 euros so no tax to pay on it.
Just means I can put a DPC14 on the mtb now.
Cool, I'll look 'em up. Cheers!

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
12 is abnormal current means there is an issue with the controller/pcb, Probably over heated fets.

JohnnyBBadd

Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2016
Gloucestershire
OK. After a bit of two-ing and fro-ing with a couple of UK dealers who couldn't, in the end, repair (or supply) a 750W motor on its own, I decided to buy a new one from Green Bike Kit which arrived today (took about three weeks from order to delivery).

Great service from Anna at GBK who was communicative and helpful at all times.

I think I'll order in a new controller for spares, although I might also try to repair the original one, once I've carefully dug the resin out! (it can be done, apparently)...

Yay - back in the saddle at last!