For Sale Bargains

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
Just check the steerer is long enough for your bike head tube, and it's unthreaded and whether tapered or straight (match with existing fork on bike)...some forks use post mount disc caliper mount or older style IS mount ( you can get adapters) . Apologies if this is teaching you to suck eggs!!
You could look at a short travel (50mm) air fork..might throw the geometry out a bit but will give a plusher ride up front if that's what you prefer...not easy to find though or cheap in 700c guise, but plenty of choice and cheap if you.opt for a coil shock fork
Its this one im thinking of

post mount disc caliper mount or older style IS mount ( you can get adapters) . Apologies if this is teaching you to suck eggs!!
I've a number of IS to PM mounts from bitd. All my brakes now are PM, but always worth keeping the old stuff, you never know when you'll find a need. Thankfully I'm ok in that department.

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
  • Informative
Reactions: guerney

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Not sure if any Bosch battery can be counted as a bargain, but very reasonable £349 for a 500wh rack battery:

Delivered next day (they'd said 2-3 days).

Reactions: Peter.Bridge

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Trailer lovers look in, £48 after discount code FLASHSALES25 added

That's maddening! I paid full price for mine! Admittedly, full price isn't hundreds of pounds for a Carry Freedom, so it's ok. :) That's a great deal because Homcom trailers will last for years if looked after: sturdy steel construction, can be disassembled for flat storage, and not just in flats, but you might get a flat because the tyres are noname nylon rubbish - when those tyres fell apart, I replaced them with Schwalbe Black Jacks. Inner tubes were also noname rubbish.

Last edited: