battery help ebay ?

hoodwinked

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 27, 2017
staffordshire
hi there all im ready to go and buy a battery for a kit I got a few years ago so the kits an old one
I have asked this question before but didn't really have the money to go out and buy one but now I have so was wondering if someone in the know can find me a battery on ebay or tell me if this one will connect ok to my kit

the kit I have is this
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Electric-...879759?hash=item4892f07e0f:g:y0QAAOSwZQRYbWdb

and battery I was looking at is this

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DuraB-36V-10Ah-Black-Bottle-Lithium-E-Bike-Battery-for-E-Bicycles-with-Charger/152681723196?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l9372

D

Deleted member 4366

It won't blow the motor. The controller regulates the power to the motor, not the battery.

I doubt that that battery is waterproof, so don't use in hard rain. Also, the connector on the bottom is screw-on. Not only is that a bit inconvenient but also it's easy to twist the wires so that they short out if you're not careful. I think that the other styles of down-tube batteries are better.

• Informative
Reactions: hoodwinked

hoodwinked

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 27, 2017
staffordshire
It won't blow the motor. The controller regulates the power to the motor, not the battery.

I doubt that that battery is waterproof, so don't use in hard rain. Also, the connector on the bottom is screw-on. Not only is that a bit inconvenient but also it's easy to twist the wires so that they short out if you're not careful. I think that the other styles of down-tube batteries are better.
Thanks but what are the other style ..do you mean the squarer type one ?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH

minexplorer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2017
Four Lanes,Cornwall
I haven't tried one of those, but I think it's the one I would try next.
Thats the exact one i bought £ 195 + £ 11 p+p. have put on my bbs conversion as the bracket of the shark case fits my other bike and this ones better for the bbs. It has a really solid metal bracket and location slots for fitting on the bottle mounts lower down.So avoids the central seat post being to close to fit.