BBS02 help needed

wehey

Pedelecer
Feb 13, 2014
Hiya all.
I went for a ride a few weeks ago and all was fine with the bike. It was dry.
yesterday i decided to go out again in the lovely weather but nothing is working, no life in it at all.
i have checked all the connectors and they are all fine. I have voltage the motor side of the battery connectors.
I have also probed the brown and black (ground) pins in the main harness coming from the motor and no voltage it showing.
can I presume it’s the controller?
I just can’t understand why it would work fine one day and then not work the next.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If th display is alive then most likely and common cause is cut off brake issue if you have utilised them, often a magnet alignment on one of the levers. Tbh one is best only to use one brake lever cut off and remove the other one , then it is so much sipler to know where the fault lays. Rear brake is the one I used and simply blank off the front connection to prevent moisture ingress.

If no power to the display and one has battery volatge then yes the controller is next to suspect an issue. The BBS is a marmite kit love or hate it, in the end I hated mine because of the niggles and controller failures.

wehey

Pedelecer
Feb 13, 2014
If th display is alive then most likely and common cause is cut off brake issue if you have utilised them, often a magnet alignment on one of the levers. Tbh one is best only to use one brake lever cut off and remove the other one , then it is so much sipler to know where the fault lays. Rear brake is the one I used and simply blank off the front connection to prevent moisture ingress.

If no power to the display and one has battery volatge then yes the controller is next to suspect an issue. The BBS is a marmite kit love or hate it, in the end I hated mine because of the niggles and controller failures.
Thanks for that.
I have no power to the display either and I don’t use brake cut off switches….. so I guess it’s the controller?
Can the HD controller be used in the 02?