BBSHD + Cube Attention 2015

Maff_C

Just Joined
Apr 18, 2023
Hi everyone, I've had a BBS02 on a Cube Attention for over a year. Was fitted by a LBS which worked OK (few niggles) for a year over 1500miles.

I was never happy with the way the cables were routed (bent in a tight bunch & stuffed up the hole in top of the forks) and the battery wasn't fixed square to the down tube so looked a bit wonky which always pis**d me off.

Once the warranty had ran out I decided I wasn't giving the LBS that fitted the kit any more money and I needed to learn the kit for myself. So I set about to strip it all down and start again with a shorter 1T4 cable and refit the mudguards to better protect the cables and motor from water ingress.

Shortly after I started stripping I decided to upgrade to a BBSHD and gift the old BBS02 to a family member.

I've offered the new motor up to BB and it looks like I'll be needing at least 2 x 2.4mm spacers and I'll probably have to take a grinder to the bottom of the down tube. Possibly might not even work / give me poor ground clearance so might bail on this bike and find another, maybe a FS..

Once I've had the bike back from having the forks serviced at a different LBS I'll get started. Will post some pics of progress if any!

If anyone has any experience or suggestions on this build I would welcome the comments.

Thanks for reading, Maff.