Beijixing-BJX18 500w Controller

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Nope, tis for a brushed motor only two motor wires. You need one with at least 3 and if sensored one with 8 or 9 if you need one with internal speed sensor.

D

Deleted member 4366

If you want a bit more power (torque), you can solder 25% of the length of the shunt in your existing one, that's aseeming that it works now.

Godric

Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2016
Bristol
Ok thanks, no I need one. Looking for cheapest I could get my hands on preferably in uk. Do you know any? thanks

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Again looks like a brushed controller only 2 bullet connectors for the motor.,

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Reactions: Godric

Godric

Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2016
Bristol
Nice so will that work 250 watt motor brushless? It says 350 or does it not matter. No bothered about lcd, I can also rewire handy with a soldering iron.

I have 36v 13ah battery
Motor is 36v 250 brushless geared.

thanks.

D

Deleted member 4366

Nice so will that work 250 watt motor brushless? It says 350 or does it not matter. No bothered about lcd, I can also rewire handy with a soldering iron.

I have 36v 13ah battery
Motor is 36v 250 brushless geared.

thanks.
That's not quite enough. Which motor is it? Which connector/s does it have on the cable? Which battery is it exactly? Show us photos if you can't answer those questions. These points are important if you want a controller that suits your battery and your motor.

D

Deleted member 4366

OK, you need a sensorless controller with a maximum current in the range 14A to 22A.

Can you give us all the writing on tht motor? I have some concerns.

You can't use that battery as a booster.

D

Deleted member 4366

You need a controller for sensorless motors.

There's an important thing you need to consider. If you want to use a pedal sensor for pedal assist, there's basically 3 options:

1. No LED/LCD control panel. Cheaper, but when you pedal, you only get maximum power, which is not always what you want.
2. LED control panel. You get 3 levels of pedal assist -low, medium and high.
3 LCD control panel. More expensive but you get 5 levels of assist plus all the cycle computer functions plus a lot more.

Your motor is rated at 250w, which is 7 amps continuous. You can go as high as 22 amps with sensible use. You can't turn it up to maximum and then go and climb a one mile hill. It would be OK for a short steep hill or continuous high speed . Motors are much happier at high speed than low speed.

There's three sensorless controllers that I know and can recommend:

S06P from BMSBattery. You have to buy one of their LCDs too, and probably a good idea to buy the throttle, PAS and wheel-speed sensor to go with it.

S09P is the same but 22A instead of 15A. It's a bit bigger too.

This one from aliexpress is 14 amps but relatively cheap. It's very versatile and works with all motors. It comes with an LCD.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/24v36v48v250w350w-controller-LCD-display-manual-control-panel-dashboard-for-electric-scooter-ebike-moped-mtb-tricycle-dualmode/32464390144.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.r144au

I would wait until you have the motor before ordering a controller in case it turns out that it's sensored.