Beijixing-BJX18 500w Controller

D

Deleted member 4366

Pretty sure it's speed control. It's very smooth though and has very good low-speed motor control (sensored).

Godric

Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2016
Bristol
Final got the wheel the writing is BFSWXH36V250w185R
28 1203241479

Fits on the bike and when I touch the hall wires I get resistance when I turn the wheel the opposite way that a go sign sign. Is there in where i can take to get tested before I buy the controller near bristol? . Any members with sensor less brushless controller, don't mind a drive.

D

Deleted member 4366

Thats a 185 rpm motor for 28" wheel. the size of the wheel doesn't matter - it only effects the speed and torque. It's not going to go much past 15 mph even when unrestricted, but it should be OK on the hills.

These motors are pretty reliable electrically. The only test you need to do is spin it in each direction without the wires touching. one way it should spin nearly like a normal bike wheel. The other way, you should feel some resistance but it should be reasonably quiet when you spin it.

It's a genuine Bafang motor. Trio must be the name of the bike it was on.

Reactions: Godric

Godric

Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2016
Bristol
Oh really, not ideal but I do only weigh about 56 kg and the bike is really light and I could reach 20 quite quickly. Anyway picked up a controller early morning cheap from bath. No joy, no instruction but the guy gave me a link where he says he bought.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01I6C6HKK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thick black which is negative I'm certain.
Now Thick red positive: Problem, If I connect this to the battery I get a spark fly. Does that mean it’s also connected to negative?
If I connect thin red to battery positive it seems to work. I get about 5v coming out of the 3 throttle wire. I get about 12v from the small hall wires which my motor does not have. I get full power coming out of the thick red…? I can not get the motor running. I have the throttle connect and the thick three hall wires connected to the motor nothing. Is there something I'm missing here. Is there a way to bypass the throttle to rule that out. Do I need to do anything with thick red? Opened it and took a pic but don’t know what I’m looking at.

IMG_0561.JPG

D

Deleted member 4366

I hope you didn't pay a lot for that. It's normal to get sparks when you join the battery because there's that big capacitor across the battery wires.

Thick red and thick black = battery
Thick yellow, blue and green = motor
Thin red is = ignition (goes through switch to thick red)
Red, green and black = throttle (make sure your throttle has the same sequence before connecting)
Black and white = brake switch
Thin green = probably battery voltage for meter/LEDs
Thin whites = probably speed restricted when joined.
Yellow = probably alternative for high (5v) brake switches

185 rpm is 185 rpm at 36v. If you were 1 kg, it wouldn't spin any faster. Fully charged, your battery might hold 41v for a bit, so the absolute maximum the motor will go is 185 x 41/36 rpm = 210 rpm.

That equates to a speed of 16.87 mph in a 28" wheel. Power will ramp down rapidly from something like 13 mph.

When your battery is run down, those speeds will be 75%, so power will drop down from 10 mph and max speed will be 12 mph.

Reactions: Godric

Godric

Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2016
Bristol
Oh man you are a legend!!! Thanks for all the help, I will now order the controller. Have you got a Paypal so I could send you like a £20 beer token or something. Thanks again.

D

Deleted member 4366

I'm sure that you have a better use for it than me.