Best choice?

Ronnyuk

Pedelecer
Mar 3, 2014
Bristol
ronny.ws
I do but its with Evans only and they don't sell ebikes unfortunately.
So you use the Ride2work scheme or a special scheme for Evens Only? The reason I ask is I am sure you could contact Evans and ask them to get the bike for you and pay them slightly more, that's what I did.

D

Deleted member 4366

I still think best to ask you to convert his bike with the XD motor and a good 36V 11AH battery. Think of a 17kg bike that climbs hill better than a BPM - good?
Unfortunately, I'm not a commercial operation. I don't mind helping people out when their stuck, like when they've bought a kit, but can't figure out how to install it.

DR2501

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 1, 2014
Woosh Big Bear and Kudos Tornado.

The Tonaro is also a good climbing bike. It's a bit more expensive than the Woosh crank-drives, but has more power. They pop up from time to time at sub-£1000. At the moment,the top of the range Bighit is discounted to £1000:
http://www.powerpedals.co.uk/our-products/bighit.html
Thanks but it just doesn't 'do' it for me looks-wise. Also, the Tornado is a MTB and I really wanted a hybrid/commuter style.
So you use the Ride2work scheme or a special scheme for Evens Only? The reason I ask is I am sure you could contact Evans and ask them to get the bike for you and pay them slightly more, that's what I did.
I bought a bike with them last year on the scheme and asked them to get in a different bike and they flat out refused, so I doubt they would unfortunately.

Ronnyuk

Pedelecer
Mar 3, 2014
Bristol
ronny.ws
I bought a bike with them last year on the scheme and asked them to get in a different bike and they flat out refused, so I doubt they would unfortunately.
Oh what a shame, I went to a Bike shop in Yate and they paid for my bike and I handed them voucher, Hopefully will see you on the path when you get your new bike :)

DR2501

Apr 1, 2014
Oh what a shame, I went to a Bike shop in Yate and they paid for my bike and I handed them voucher, Hopefully will see you on the path when you get your new bike :)
I know, I was disappointed as it wasn't even a random brand I wanted, it was by Giant!

I'm sure I've already seen you as I'm on it 5 days per week, you're probably one the people I curse at for flying past me on the inclines! Lol.

Ronnyuk

Pedelecer
Mar 3, 2014
Bristol
ronny.ws
I started riding my bike about 2 weeks ago for the first time in 20 years, I have noticed some very militant cyclists in that very short space of time, they fly along the cycle path and are very quick to abuse you if you fail to look over your shoulder, I was cycling doubled up with a friend and left plenty of room for people to pass but some Lycra clad speedster really wanted to let me know how bad I was, they seem to all ride racers :)

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
There is a cube ladies on eBay now with a starting price of £800 and no bidders in bath. I think that would do very well with a Bosch mid drive

DR2501

Apr 1, 2014
I started riding my bike about 2 weeks ago for the first time in 20 years, I have noticed some very militant cyclists in that very short space of time, they fly along the cycle path and are very quick to abuse you if you fail to look over your shoulder, I was cycling doubled up with a friend and left plenty of room for people to pass but some Lycra clad speedster really wanted to let me know how bad I was, they seem to all ride racers :)
I think it depends on the time of day. If its during the commuter times then people do get stressed as they're trying to get to work or home after a long day, and in fairness the path isn't really wide enough to cycle doubled up at those times because (wrongly, in my opinion, since the gvmt grant of £60m was for a cycle path only, not bridleway) there are loads of people walking on it causing slow-moving obstructions. Outside of those times I've never had a problem and there's plenty of room to ride doubled up.

D

Deleted member 4366

I can imagine that many of the lycra brigade see their commute as a time trial, and they keep trying to beat their best time to get to work. If they're on a good run, I can imagine that they'd get a bit cheesed-off if they got unnecessarily (to them) held up.

DR2501

Apr 1, 2014
On a related note, lycra shouldn't be worn unless you're a competitive cyclist and/or under 12 stone surely?! I should have to look at some rotund man's a55 crack at 7.30am before breakfast because they didn't make lycra leggings in a large enough size, should I?!

Ronnyuk

Pedelecer
Mar 3, 2014
Bristol
ronny.ws
On a related note, lycra shouldn't be worn unless you're a competitive cyclist and/or under 12 stone surely?! I should have to look at some rotund man's a55 crack at 7.30am before breakfast because they didn't make lycra leggings in a large enough size, should I?!
I had some Lycra padded shorts on today under my normal work trousers lol, the padding was very nice if i'm honest :)

I cycled on the path this morning for the first time without a battery, I was knackered when I got into work nearly 6 miles for an unfit guy like me is a killer... I am hoping TNT arrive with my repaired battery today so I can make it home without having a heart attack!!!

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Ronny I sometimes put the lycra on at 50 and 100 kg and have done my 8 miles a day on an unassisted old heap for the last two months. It's much easier with assist but better to use low assist if possible.
Do you need to borrow a Panasonic 36v 12 amp bat?

billadie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2010
Tewkesbury
As the OP is in Bristol, he might like to try one of the Smarta bikes at ETS. About as fashionable as longjohns in summer, but my LX8 has now done over 15,000 miles in 4 years. And won the World Ebike Championship!

A bit over budget, but you can't beat it for value.