Best companies to order kit from in the UK?

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Sadly I must say that you should not buy from the UK,the paperwork to ship to the EU is still a problem,make no mistakes and EU will still send the product back with no reason.
Its about to get a lot worse,from July1, with the introduction of OSS...any consignment with a value less than £135.00 (150 euros) it will be the responsibility of the UK supplier to register for vat in an EU country,charge the vat in the rate of the destination country,then pay the vat to the country of registration and that country will divide it out to the various destination countries.
This will be an administrative nightmare.
We have decided to make the minimum order value(product content )150 euros.
This will hurt all uk businesses that ship to Europe low value items.
We really didnt appreciate the implications of Brexit.
Dave Elderfield,MD Rally Design/Kudos Cycles

JayDG

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 10, 2021
nr Allenheads
Hello folks!

I've been looking around here in Italy for a seemingly reputable firm to order a conversion kit from, but I can't seem to find one! I figured I'd check the old UK. I'm looking to get a front or rear wheel kit with battery for an older retired friend of mine, and would like to ask you guys which firms in the UK has got the best reputation for e-bike kits these days? Repairs and customer support etc.. Very grateful for some tips!

Simon, Lipari
Eclipse bikes have been great with me. No idea if they ship to EU, but a text to the mobile number in 'contact us' usually gets an answer quite quickly.

StuartsProjects

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2021
Its about to get a lot worse,from July1, with the introduction of OSS...any consignment with a value less than £135.00 (150 euros) it will be the responsibility of the UK supplier to register for vat in an EU country,charge the vat in the rate of the destination country,then pay the vat to the country of registration and that country will divide it out to the various destination countries.
I sell small amounts of printed circuit boards for Arduino projects, mainly to do with trackers and long distance LoRa communications.

From July 1st, I will need to stop shipping to the EU, the admin burden is just far to great.

• Informative
Reactions: flecc

Scorpio

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2020
Portugal Algarve (temporary)
@Moecycle - good to know it got to you ok, the rules seem to be sending goods from EU into UK *should* be checked but it has been said that would cause food shortages & chaos (so UK gov't have decided not to implement any additional checks after Brexit).

The delays and customs delays are when sending from UK to EU as that is seen as "Importing into EU" with all the customs checks etc. Some rules are rather silly with truck drivers having their sandwitcheds confiscated when they cross the channel etc :rolleyes:

I'm currently waiting for a new wheel + parts to be sent from UK to Portugal, last year similar parcels took 5 days, this one has been stuck near Paris for several days (supply lines are gridlocked?), then a couple of days "awaiting customs" in Portugal. It was scheduled to be here today - latest staus is "delayed" :confused:

Hopefully things will settle down but a friend who runs a transport business isn't optimistic about anything changing in the near future.

Last edited: