BH emotion Neo Cross - has anyone tried one?

Hi

I've had a look at one of these bikes in the shop and the build quality and design looks amazing compared to my current bike.

Has anyone tried one and got real world experience? It's got a rear 350 watt motor limited to 250, hydraulic brakes front and rear,and a nifty way of blending in the battery to the frame.

GaRRy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 18, 2012
Tamworth
Yep and got one on order as a replacement for my urban mover 36SX (well addition as think will keep mover as backup and for taking to those areas I don't feel like leaving a almost 2 grand bike). The UM has been a fine bike which while has done me well as a as a commuter/short trip bike but it is not in the same league. From a test ride would say far better up hill and also was definitely far better when not powered (for when you push the battery to far or in my case to help me work on my fitness). Also well geared so once up to 15 mph limit if you wanted to push on there was more speed to be obtained something almost impossible to achieve on UM due to its low gearing. Did try a few other bikes as well at time and this definitely came out on top for my needs.

If you want to try one go to the uk web site EasyMotion Electric Bicycles by BH - BH Emotion UK and see who is a dealer in your area as most seem to have access to demonstrators.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
I would try the Bosch powered BH Emotion bikes as well...Just as a comparison

GaRRy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 18, 2012
Tamworth
Could not agree more. I tried several bikes before settling on the one I thought best for me. Probably the fact my UM also has a hub motor played a part in my choice as the crank motored bikes felt weird to me

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
BH Emotion bikes tend to have cheaper components compared to similar priced bikes. that is why you need to compare bikes specification carefully......

GaRRy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 18, 2012
Tamworth
Possibly but as I see it all bikes are a series if compromises and it boils down to whats the best fit for you.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
£45 shocks in a circa £2000 bike!lol whereas KTM and Haibike (comparing Bosch bikes here) have £200 + shocks and other components far better, lighter bikes as well.....

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
You can try the BH Neo Cross and x-treme,xenion 650 and 750 at the Kudos London Try an e-bike day at the Redbridge Cycling circuit this Sunday,May 27 from 12.00-17.00. Also I am sure that BH will have test bikes at the Bristol e-bike day,June 10.
Dave
KudosCycles

GaRRy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 18, 2012
Tamworth
£45 shocks in a circa £2000 bike!lol whereas KTM and Haibike (comparing Bosch bikes here) have £200 + shocks and other components far better, lighter bikes as well.....
Sorry not going to bite. Although on a quick look can make similar claims the other way but completely pointless exercise.

vive la difference.

and to original OP as I said go out and try and decide what is best for you.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Bite on what, its not a personal dig but opinion......everything about the bike is cheap, from gear set to forks to brakes etc.... a fact of life I'm afraid. My input is for the benefit of OP and others just to be careful and compare bikes carefully.....

robbiedog

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 2, 2011
Uckfield East Sussex
BH E motion Cross at the Redbridge cycle center

Sorry not going to bite. Although on a quick look can make similar claims the other way but completely pointless exercise.

vive la difference.

and to original OP as I said go out and try and decide what is best for you.
Garry BH E motion UK will be at the Redbridge cycle center on Sunday 27/05/12 from 12h00 ish

Redbridge Cycling Centre | Hog Hill | Redbridge Cycling, I believe there will be a good area to test the bikes out both flat and hilly sections.

jazper53

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2012
Brighton
I was trying to keep up on the difference of views in this thread but you lost me at the pass !:confused:

robbiedog

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 2, 2011
Uckfield East Sussex
Eddieo

The BH E Motion Cross has a RRP of £1900, there is nothing wrong with the Shimano Deore derailleur or any of the other products you mentioned, the brakes are absolutely brilliant, so maybe you should try one you might be surprised.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Bikes are just like buying a computer..different cost/quality components making up the whole package.

In this case, bits stack up to pretty poor value I'm afraid. Better bikes around at that price point.....

In answer to the above: There may be nothing wrong with £40 deoro 8 or nameless rims, and cheap £40 shocks which are probably rubbish, and like most cheap shocks not worth having...But this is a circa £2000 bike which compares poorly with other £2000 bikes which use quality components costing many hundreds of pounds more... so please less of the BS

Jeez more dealers on here then enthusiasts!:confused::p

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
My two-pennyworth, I'd never buy a bike with an in-frame styled battery. The two main ones so far have been an Izip hub-motor model and the Sparta Ion, but within a year there were no more batteries available for that Izip leaving owners stumped. With very few Spartas ever sold in the UK, with time it will get ever more difficult to get their battery too. If the supply of Neo Cross batteries ever dried up, fitting an alternative on that cycle-cross bike would be very problematic.

GaRRy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 18, 2012
Tamworth
Garry BH E motion UK will be at the Redbridge cycle center on Sunday 27/05/12 from 12h00 ish
Thanks but your telling the wrong person. As I said ive made my choice and the Neo is on order. As for the nay sayers i guess only time will tell but im happy with my choice which to me is all that matters.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
naysayers?lol You have some cheek..... That you are incapable of listening to simple mathematical logic when judging what is, and what is not good value in a bike, is pretty pathetic to be honest and seems very fishy